“Fantasic”

Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Crook
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Have been to this restaurant on a few occasions.. The Food Staff and Service are always great.. would highly recommend a visit.. Chicken Nachos are gorgeous as is the whole menu !!!

There are newer reviews for The Duke of York

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We must have driven past a hundred times and never thought to stop. Went with friends recently and have not only been back, ive also invited other friends to. Food was excellent, very well priced, can't fault it!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We were lucky enough to have found this gem on our way to Hadrian's Wall. We had a 2 course lunch .My husband chose the chorizo and black pudding to start followed by scampi-served with fantastic chips! I enjoyed the pesto bruschetta to start and the chicken ceasar salad as my main course. Service was friendly and fast. Would highly recommend this establishment to anyone who is thinking of heading up to see the historic Hadrians Wall and Roman Forts.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We travel past here regularly but usually with time restraints so were happy to have some time on our hands and stop for an early evening bite to eat. Very pleasant surroundings, traditional but with quality, contemporary touches. We hadn't booked and were asked if we would like to order drinks while a table was set up for us in the bar/eating area. The menu and 'Special of the Day' board provided a really nice choice my husband had the fish dish of the day and I had the Dukes Chicken. Overall everything was well presented with fresh vegetables and the sauce with the chicken was delicious. I would certainly call again with interest to see if the food and service were of a consistent level.

1  Thank SoozeCountyDurham
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stopped off for lunch on the way through to our holiday destination. I can't fault the place. Decent pub food & staff were so friendly. Happy for us to bring the dog in the bar. Service was great, the place had a v good ambience, plenty of locals in but we were made to feel very welcome. Would happily frequent regularly if I lived locally.