“Greenhead Hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Crook
The Greenhead Country House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Crook
Reviewed 8 June 2006

Last week, my husband and I 'did' Hadrians' Wall, walking from Newcastle to Bowness in Solway. We arrived late on in the day to Greenhead, exhausted having walked well over 20 miles. It was a beautiful day and we were that kind of 'very tired but very happy stage'. We were ravenous too - walking doesn't half make you hungry. We caught sight of the Greenhead Hotel from a good few yards away and staggered in. It was like finding an oasis in the desert.

We were offered to eat in the dining room but didn't want to put the other fine diners off their food - we were a bit dishevelled looking - but that didn't seem to phase the owner one little bit and we were made to feel so welcome. In the end we ordered from the bar meals the food was superb. Masses of it and all piping hot. AND the piece de la cream - the fishcakes were the finest I have ever tasted in the world. I can still taste them in my mind and it won't be outwith the realms of possibility that I would travel to Greenhead again for that sole experience. I really would.

To top off an already staggeringly wonderful visit, on asking the owner if there was anywhere we could have breakfast in the morning nearby, he suggested we come back to the hotel. So we did. And breakfast was just as good as the dinner. In fact it was so good we had to force ourselves out of the lounge and back on the walk.

We cannot praise this hotel highly enough. The new owner and his wife were truly remarkable hosts and so friendly and welcoming that they will make a resounding success of this their new business. They certainly deserve it and I hope you take the time to stop off. Especially for the fishcakes.

6  Thank MrsCTucker

Also consider these accommodations in or near Crook
Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel
Dowfold House Bed & Breakfast
The Quarry Burn Guest House & Restaurant
The Crook Hotel
The Crook Hotel
#5 of 6 in Crook

Been to The Greenhead Country House? Share your experiences!