“Clean and quiet”

Holiday Inn Derby - Nottingham M1
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sandiacre
Reviewed 23 May 2008

This was a pleasent hotel. The staff were really nice and friendly, we had no problems with anything and it was very clean. Breakfast was served untill 11am and was good. No complaints at all.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 April 2008

Stayed at this hotel for one night on business. The room had everything you require for a 3 star hotel and was clean. I had a double bed, desk, TV, ensuite etc..
There was internet access but I didn't use it as I think it was around £15 for 24hours.
I had a problem with the radiator not switching off, but without any issue they moved me to another room and all was ok.
I dined in the restaurant and the food was ok and hot with plenty of selection for any taste.. not too expensive.. I paid around £12 for a main course..but there were cheaper dishes like pasta etc..
Room service was available if you wanted it.
I had breakfast included in my room deal and it had a good fresh selection of hot and cold food.
It is a good location easy to find just off the M1 motorway.
No problem with check in and check out.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2008

Stayed here for three nights on business.

I arrived late on Sunday night to find the lobby and reception area deserted. After a few minutes wait a gentleman arrived and tried to check me in. It quickly became apparent he was not the receptionist as he struggled. Eventually the receptionist arrived, back from the loo I was told, and proceeded to check me in. Despite being a Priority Club Platanum member I had a to ask for an upgrade.

Executive Room was acceptable. Although the hotel has reportedly just been renovated, there were areas which were already appearing slighly shabby. The TV buzzed very loudly except when on BBC 1, 2 or ITV 1.

I had room service on two nights and this was the usual fair but the service was very good and friendly.

All in all, I've stayed in better but also worse.

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed 11 February 2008

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Derby Nottingham for one night in February. Everything went fine and without problems, plenty of parking, very fast check-in and check-out, very friendly receptionist. The room was a good medium size, containing a bed, a wardrobe, a desk, a sofa and a table - good quality solid oak furniture. The bathroom was fine, fairly clean, lots of hot water, some stains on the ceiling, which suggested that it was once in a worse state.

There was a wedding party at that night, and some of the guests appeared rather drunk, but thank goodness we were placed at the other end of the hotel and had no problems at all. Breakfast was included in the room rate. Full English breakfast was provided at breakfast buffet, I especially appreciated the choice of fresh fruit, unlike the "canned fruit salad" you find in some hotels. Also good choice of cereals. We booked a reduced weekend rate and found it well worth while. We would certainly recommend it to anyone who wants to go for a mini-break and explore the area. It's probably also suited for conferences, gatherings etc.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2008

I have to admit that I was not excited at the thought of staying at a Holiday Inn overnight, for a business meeting, and wasn't inspired by the exterior of the hotel when I arrived.

However, once inside, it was apparent that this hotel had been fairly recently revamped and that the best had been made of what the existing building had to offer.

I had a single room, which was pretty basic but warm, clean and comfortable - my only problem being a shower which was more like a waterfall, but this was a minor irritation.

Our meeting room was also clean and exceptionally well serviced, though we had to open the door to cool down! On one occasion, when our small syndicate group could not find room in the hotel lobby, which is well equipped with easy chairs/sofas and tables, a member of staff took the initiative and found us an empty meeting room to use, which was most helpful.

We had two lunches and a 'block booked' dinner at the hotel, in addition to B&B. I found the food basic, but good. The most disappointing thing for me was the mashed potato, which was 'gluey' like packet mash - this might have been excusable at lunch time, but spoiled the meal I chose at dinner, which was otherwise enjoyable. There was a good choice of food at the buffet breakfast, with a lovely array of fresh fruit in addition to the usual cooked breakfast options. Coffee and tea were served promptly.

The thing that made this stay for me was the helpfulness and efficiency of all the staff I encountered, especially when coping with
the demands of dealing with a large group.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 January 2008

I stayed in this hotel for two nights in end of Dec 2007 and my experience has been very satisfactory. The hotel has been recently decorated and rooms are of reasonable size, very clean and in superb condition. Excellent location, extremely quiet despite being near the motorway and very easy to find. The breakfast was excellent with a good choice and the staff was friendly. Only slightly negative thing in my experience was that walls are little thin and you can sometimes slightly hear your neighbours.
I think this hotel provides extremely good value for money.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2007

Myself and my partner have just returned form a night in the hotel. I was pleasantly surprised by the experience.

We are Priority Card members and we were welcomed as such, the booking in procedure took only a matter of minutes.

The room was light and airy and as it was a very warm weekend being aroung 28c, the air conditioning worked a treat.

We did not have dinner but had breakfast the following morning. There was more than enough on offer, full breakfast and continental. We arrived early and found seats ok but felt there might be a wait at busier times.

There is a lovely hidden garden that the restaurant looks over, such a nice sight to see a weeping willow while having your conflakes

There is not a pool or gym facilities, in a way helped to make the hotel a lot quiter than alot of other similar Holiday Inns and making it quite a haven.

Well done, a very nice stay.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank paullegate
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandiacre
Hotel Novotel Nottingham Derby
Village Hotel Nottingham
De Vere Orchard Hotel
De Vere Orchard Hotel
#6 of 41 in Nottingham

Been to Holiday Inn Derby - Nottingham M1? Share your experiences!