“Very good”

Holiday Inn Derby - Nottingham M1
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sandiacre
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight here with national holidays. The room was good and very clean. The hotel was quiet and the staff were extremely polite and friendly. The food was excellent. 45 mins to Alton towers. All good! I would use holiday inn again.

• Stayed: July 2014
Mark_OConnor1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Derby - Nottingham M1, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Check in was quick and freindly despite obvious overbooking problems. Room was a small single, but I knew when I booked I had the last room available so no complaints. Room spotlessly clean and well equipped. Did not eat at the hotel but had a couple of drinks at the bar. Breakfast was as good as you would expect and was piping hot. Service was very good. Check out was easy and very polite. Would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank flounder1234

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review following your recent stay with us. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Getting on in age, and not really being one for camping; myself and two family members booked this hotel for our visit to 'Download'.
The first thing that struck me was the hotels locality. Although just off the busy M1, the hotel is secluded in it's own grounds, with no sight or sound of the motorway. making for a very peaceful sleep.

The check-in process was slick, with information given in a warm, and welcome to our family approach. The room we were given should have had an extra bed in, but the numpty that was my uncle, forgot to add in the extra remarks, we were all family members. Never the less, a quick visit to reception, and a word to leave the bedding on the side, and we would sort the sleeping arrangements out later that day.

I am a great lover off food, and breakfast for me is the make/break part off the day; and i could not fault the food, or the service given by the staff. Attentive, clean, tasty, relaxing, and full up, are just some of the words that spring to mind. But extra praise must be given to the breakfast chef on the Sunday morning, as i probably tasted the best ever poached eggs in my life, cooked to perfection and great tasting.

The rooms were spotless, and a big thank you, to the house keeping team, for always smiling, and for having a good nature about yourself (thanks for the extra toilet paper), a department often overlooked by many, yet as essential as the chef, and receptionist. Thanks.

Overall, i could not fault this hotel. The location (for download) great, the food was fantastic, and the staff, well all i can say is amazing.

Would i use/recommend this hotel again????......In a heart beat YES!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Mark_OConnor1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Derby - Nottingham M1, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review and for your kind comments, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback has been passed to our management team and will be shared with the team. Robert, our breakfast chef on the Sunday morning, will be recognised for the presentation of his food. I hope that you enjoyed your time at Download and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stopped at this hotel for one night due to tiredness on our travel home. We picked the hotel at random to get off the road and were relieved that they had availability late in the night.
The rooms were basic and could do with renovation. Our room had a connecting door to the next room and we were able to hear our neighbour's conversation. We had difficulty in flushing the toilet, however the shower was hot and powerful. The bed was comfortable but the room did not feel welcoming due to a musty smell that could be detected.
Not our choice of hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark_OConnor1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Derby - Nottingham M1, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review and for your constructive comments. I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion and I have shared your feedback with our management team for review. Once again, thank you for your time.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I had the misfortune of eating here last night - out of necessity rather than choice - as a I had a late business meeting. Having arrived at 6pm and asked for a table in the restaurant I was told that the restaurant didn't open until 6.30pm, ok fine. Took a seat in the bar instead and ordered from the bar menu - beef lasagne - a fairly safe bet I thought? But no. What I was served was something I wouldn't feed to a dog or cat, let alone a human. It was slop on a plate, clearly a microwaved, cheap lasagne that hadn't even been finished off under the grill to brown the top and just slopped onto a plate with a bit on undressed salad garnish and garlic bread. All for the bargain price of £10.95 would you believe!! To top it off, having tried a couple of mouthfuls, it was full of chewy gristle. I took it back to the bar and demanded my money back and went hungry instead. Yuk.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review. I am sorry that you were disappointed with your meal and would like to assure you that your comments are not indicative of the usual quality of food that we serve. I have passed your feedback to our Head Chef to that he may discuss it with his team. I do hope that, despite the shortfall on this occasion, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We have stayed here several times when traveling South and have never been disappointed - well done to all.
Check-in is always speedy and friendly, rooms are a good size even if the bathroon is rather compact. This visit was slightly spoilt as the service in the restaurant was slow and unattentive - it wasobvious that they were more interested in setting up for breakfast rather than looking after their guests,and we were not the only ones there. We ended up just having a burger and fries which was adequate and a couple of drinks,as no one came to ask if we wanted anything else, shame. Breakfast was better but not up to past standards.
Really good curtains that keepout both the light and outside noise.
Wi-Fi is chargeable however on asking if there was a free Hot Spot I was 'given' a voucher for 1 hour in the Lounge - nice touch.
Check out again was speedy and professional. We will be back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank j4ewe

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review and for your constructive comments. I am sorry that your dining experience did not meet your expectations on this occasion. Your comments are not indicative of our usual high standards of service and I have passed your feedback to our Food & Beverage Manager for discussion with the team. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Had booked a hotel room at Risley Hall hotel but it was so awful we checked out and booked here instead and we were so pleased we did.
Hotel lovely and clean.
All staff were lovely.
Breakfast was great and our 6 year old loved the pancake maker at breakfast (fab idea)
Great value & well ran, thank you

Room Tip: Couldn't hear any motorway traffic as set back from motor way