“lovely situation and very restful”

Best Western Passage House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kingsteignton
Minehead, United Kingdom
“lovely situation and very restful”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Very relaxed atmosphere and staff very attentive. Only stayed one night but will certainly return again hopefully soon. Also did not have time to use pool. Lovely view across and down the river towards Teignmouth

2 Thank Anne H
PassageHouse, Director of Sales at Best Western Passage House Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Thank you for your review.

We will look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Carley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Lovely quiet position on the river estuary. Breakfast very tasty though service very slow at the weekend when it was busy. Room clean and comfortable. Didn't like the brick balcony felt very enclosed and the paint was peeling off the sides - needs updating. Lift was out of order for most of our stay, which was ok for us, but would not have suited an older or disabled person at all. Staff as always very pleasant. Only downside the bed was lumpy so didn't sleep as well as our last stay. Took some meals at the Inn down the road, all ok, except the carvery veg were a bit tired

Room Tip: Definitely choose a room on the estuary side. It's a lovely ever-changing view.
2 Thank Psue1
PassageHouse, Director of Sales at Best Western Passage House Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that you weren't completely satisfied with your stay and I will be sure to discuss your feedback with the rest of the team.

Chichester West Sussex Uk
Reviewed 11 June 2013

This hotel is a standard Best Western. Greeted at the front desk at check-in after a long drive without so much as a welcome'; the two at the desk were more engrossed in their paperwork. I had to ask directions to our lodge three times. The service in coffee/tea café and breakfast room in the morning is abysmal. I had never seen such dirty orange juice glasses. I went and scanned eight of them to find one cleaner than the others. One day I abandoned the thought of juice. I gave the glass to a waiter-lad who I swear must've just wiped it with the oiliest rag ever found in the kitchen! Breakfast was standard fare and tasty, but the bacon is the worst cut. Toast burnt around the edges.
This hotel is situated on a beautiful estuary (we had rooms situated thus). IT is a reed-bed nature area. Unfortunately it is sited across the estuary from a sewage treatment works. One night the wind was not in our favour. Need I say more?

Rooms are clean; maids are good at providing a clean bed/room/bathroom. WHY doesn't this hotel have a topsheet? 3 pillows? (we only found the 4th on the last night!); the bed is fairly comfortable. Pillows are flat and dead.---No free, local bottled water? One hot chocolate sachet when the room is for two people? And the balcony needs to be cleaned because the pigeons poo all over the railings and that's the first place people want to hold on to to view the beautiful estuary. Please clean the railings!

The pool is clean and clear; there are gender -separated sweat rooms and saunas in the female/male changing rooms by the pool. You'll need a £1 coin for the lockers (returnable).

The whole thing about this hotel is that none of the staff TELL YOU ANYTHING: about the locker rooms, the coin you'll need, where you are staying (maybe on a small map or handout?--remember WE guests are tired after long trips).

The BW restaurant looked posh and nice (Goodness only knows how the service is at night)---we ate at the Inn down below that served quite adequate pub food , with cheerful, friendly faces and done so in a clean environment. The Inn also had a tasty looking carvery.

Would I go back to this particular BW? I am afraid the sewage treatment plant puts me off right there perhaps, but yes...it is a handy place to stay for a holiday exploring the area.

Room Tip: south lodge have estuary rooms if requested but bear in mind my views made. Note I rated poor serv...
1 Thank Jeanwats0n
I was really disappointed to read your review and to learn that you didn't enjoy your experience at our hotel.

I will be sure to discuss and investigate your review with the rest of the team at the hotel.

I do hope we can have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel to offer the superior service we aim to achieve.

BRACKNELL
Reviewed 4 June 2013

The reason for my visit was to meet up with family at a half way point for a couple of days from the time of our arrival until the time we left nothing was to much trouble for any of the staff , even checked a few local golf courses for me road maps etc, The quality of food was excellent at the hotel and at the pub on the waterfront, hopefully I shall return to this venue sooner rather than later, pretty central to all coastal town and a good quiet beer in the evening overlooking the river - brilliant stay thank you.

Room Tip: just ask for what you would like if its available its yours we stayed in the South Wing and totally...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank paull k
Thank you so much for your review.

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope that we can welcome you back soon

Midlands, UK
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Just returned from a two night stay here. Had a room in the South Lodge overlooking the estuary. I wanted to stay in Torquay but for once I was glad my husband overruled me by booking this hotel. It was fabulous sitting out on the balcony watching the wildlife and the tides in the estuary. We only ate in the hotel for breakfast - which was great. At night we went to the pub which we really enjoyed. Food was good and the staff friendly and welcoming. We were left to our own devices in the South Lodge, no slamming doors or noise - it was just perfect. Highly recommended to all! Hopefully we'll return.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
PassageHouse, Director of Sales at Best Western Passage House Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Thank you for your review.

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I do hope that we can welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards

Turkey
Reviewed 26 May 2013

The hotel is set in beautiful surroundings and a great place to get away from it all. Within easy striking distance of Newton Abbot and Totnes you have somewhere close if you want to dine out away from the hotel.

The hotel is almost a complex of buildings rather than one hotel. The main hub has the breakfast room, reception, lounge and bar areas as well as rooms but two other outer wings or lodges serve as additional accommodation. There are also two pubs or inns on site and right by the waters edge which serve good food at reasonable prices - I can recommend the carvery.

There is ample car parking and the wi-fi internet works well here and is provided without charge. The rooms are spacious and well laid out. The bed was OK but not the most comfortable I have slept in but everything else you would expect in terms of creature comforts was provided.

Breakfasts are continental with a cooked breakfast to order. Whilst I was there over a three day period things were pretty hectic and it was a little difficult finding a table space. Don't ask for anything outside of what is on the menu ( like an omlette for example ) when things are this busy as they will tell you they cannot manage to do it.

What really makes this place special is the scenery and tranquility of the place. The staff are also very helpful and friendly. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TAVAKLI
PassageHouse, Director of Sales at Best Western Passage House Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I will be sure to share it with the rest of the team and highlight your feedback with regards to our breakfast menu.

We do hope that we get to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Trowbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I have stayed here many times in the past years,
And I think it's a really nice place to stay! As for the staff (kat,Kate,Laura,Beth,Dave,and the one and only Steve) they will do as much as they can to help you out! Great people great place to stay! Thank you all !!!!

Room Tip: South lodge top floor great views!!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review.

I will look forward to sharing it with the rest of the team.

Look forward to seeing you again soon

Carley Warren
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingsteignton
Cockhaven Arms
#1 of 1 in Shaldon
Langstone Cliff Hotel
Langstone Cliff Hotel
#1 of 2 in Dawlish

Been to Best Western Passage House Hotel? Share your experiences!