“pleasant-ish!!!!!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kingsteignton
Bristol
“pleasant-ish!!!!!”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Hi, stayed here for a night. On arrival the receptionist greeted me and then started to talk to another guest and ignored me, eventually she got to me. I was told i was to stay in the north lodge away from the hotel main building. The room was nice and clean, however didn't have the same feel as all the other Best Western hotels I've stayed in. It took me a while to work out how to get the power to work in the room, (There is a slot on the wall to put the key card into) The receptionist obviously would of told me this if she was not talking to the other guest. The room did remind me of a Premier Travel Inn. I then herd the noise going from the main road going into Torquay and the railway tracks (all night). The main hotel looked nice with a view over the estuary. So not a good stay (not asked if my stay was nice by reception) If you do go there ask not to be put in the "North Lodge" unless you like noise. Didn't eat there so can't comment on the food.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank simomAud
PassageHouse, Director of Sales at Best Western Passage House Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that you didn't feel satisfied with the service you received during your stay.

I would like to discuss this with you, please can you email to me a contact number to carleywarren@passagehousegroup.co.uk

Carley Warren

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here on a 3 night deal. Hotel and facilities were good. Rooms were clean and tidy. Staff were very friendly. Full cooked breakfast each morning over looking the river estuary was really nice. The leisure (gym/pool) facilities were small but adequate for a few nights stay, after all the hotel does not profess to being a health club. Had evening meals in both the hotel and adjacent pub. Hotel meal was exceptionally nice, the pub meal was of a pub standard. We had a very nice time here and are looking forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
PassageHouse, Director of Sales at Best Western Passage House Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for your review.
We will look forward to welcoming you back soon
Middle England
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed here in the past and more recently and NO change. I mean none!
Staff are lovely but the hotel and food are stuck firmly in the 1970's/1980's.
The menu is extremely limited and old fashioned and really I struggle to find something to eat on the menu. Don't eat in the restaurant if you are a foodie or if you want to have your meal with any kind of ambience.
I guess if you are older and like the very traditional old fashioned hotels then this is the place for you. I don;t mean to be unkind but I felt like I was visiting Crossroads (remember that?)
Rooms are fine and the location is great if you want a place out of town. However you cannot walk to the town from here so be aware of that if you arrive by taxi.
C'mon Passage House you have a great location and lovely staff - time to make the most of it!!

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the estuary.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review.

Sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied with your stay. I can assure you that improvements have been made to the bedrooms at the hotel including complete refurbishments, and we have more plans for the future.

If you would like to discuss your stay further please do not hesitate in contacting me on 01626355515.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Due to the location of this Hotel I use it on a regular basis when I visit the Head Office of the company I work for. I can only say that the Passage House has an excellent level of service that is maintained by all the staff from the Cleaners up to the Management team. They are friendly and always take the time to ensure that your stay is the best it could be. That applies not only to regulars like myself but also those on Holiday or visiting for just one night as I have observed over my many stays.
Quite simply an excellent example of how a Hotel should be run. Friendly, Professional, Value for Money, Clean, Good Food and a pleasure to return to as nothing is too much trouble for them. Well done guys. Keep up the good work!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
PassageHouse, Director of Sales at Best Western Passage House Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review.

I will enjoy sharing your feedback with the rest of the team at the hotel.

We will look forward to seeing you soon

Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Excellent river views from the hotel, slightly disappointed with the leisure facilities, not quite what described on the website but other that, the food in the pub and the hotel restaurant was excellent and the staff were brilliant also.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Thank you for your review.

I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the rest of the hotel's team.

Sherborne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Had a two night break from a voucher scheme. Room was OK - pretty ordinary and in need of a of a bit of a facelift. The evening dinner was fine if a little pricey. Breakfasts were fine but lacked any real service with only two waitresses trying to cope with quite a full hotel.
For the dinner on the second night we chose to go to the nearby pub which may be owned by the same people and that was very busy but better value and good food. Wouldn't bother with the main restaurant if we ever went back which I doubt we will.
Tried to book a massage from the health club but they were fully booked up "sometime in advance" which is unfortunate for short term visitors.
Nice views across the estuary and in summer it is probably excellent to sit out on the terrace to enjoy them, but you might need to think about the insect life since the area is tidal and so likely to be midge-populated I would think!

Room Tip: Rooms on the river side may be better - ours overlooked the car park but not an issue. Limited car...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I am sorry to hear that you weren't fully satisfied with your stay with us here at the Best Western Passage House Hotel.

Yes our Bliss Spa, is very popular with guests staying at the hotel and with guests who live in the area, so booking in advance is advised.

We are lucky not to have to worry with regards insects i.e midges in the summer, and as you mentioned our decking is a perfect place to sit and enjoy the views in the summer and also on a dry winters day.

We are lucky to have approximately 200 car parking spaces at the hotel, so parking is never an issue if you are staying at the hotel or visiting our Bliss Spa.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again.

If you would like to discuss your stay any further with myself please do not hesitate in contacting me on 01626 355515.

Carley Warren
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingsteignton
Cockhaven Arms
#1 of 1 in Shaldon
Bovey Castle Hotel
Bovey Castle Hotel
#1 of 1 in North Bovey

Been to Best Western Passage House Hotel? Share your experiences!