First impression's were good. 2 night stay on the 30.05.14, celebrating my wife's b'day. I paid a extra £100.00 for a up-grade ( room 303,) bitterly disappointed, lovely view's of the estuary etc BUT the bathroom had a corner bath which was really small, TOO SMALL, no-way to lie in, basically had to have a stand up bath and rinse off with shower, the room itself was ok BUT you could literally hear the tea being stirred etc from the room next door, the wall's are wafer thin, I did complain and was given a £30.00 back, had I seen the room before ( phone booking,) I would not have even paid £50.00. The hotel has a restaurant on,which we booked for our 1'st night, my fish order was definatley under cooked, 1 mouthful confirmed this, having complained, on my fresh plate being served, the message from the chef via the waitress, was the fish was cooked, I must be wrong, no apologie's or anything. This has never happened to me on any of my travel's, I did inform the waitress to ask the chef to appear, for which he\ she never did. The overall set up of the hotel is good, good breakfast, good friendly staff BUT the table's are really small, I should add at this point I'm approx. 5' 7, average build, in other word's, I don't hardly take any space up at all. I'm fairly disappointed overall with my stay, as is my wife, we had a lovely time during our stay, looking around Torquay and the surrounding area's, but as far as the Passage House hotel goes, I have to say, to date it is the WORST hotel I have been to yet. This is my own personnel view, should we visit the area again, we'll be staying somewhere else. I'll give credit where it's due, don't get me wrong, the staff are friendly, the room's are clean, the breakfast is nice, but in my opinion that's it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the banks of the Teign estuary, BEST WESTERN Passage House Hotel offers a comfy-contemporary atmosphere for any business or leisure stay. With a total of 90 well appointed hotel bedrooms with en-suites and holiday apartments which have spectacular South Devon riverside views and a luxurious leisure suite with a Steam Room, Sauna and well appointed Gym. Our Beauty Salon offers a range of treatments, massages and aromatherapy. Centrally located between the busy city of Exeter and sea side town of Torquay, BEST WESTERN Passage House Hotel is a unique location that ensures that you and your guests will enjoy the benefit of a delightful riverside setting as well as the unique accessibility whether they are travelling by road, rail, or air. All this makes BEST WESTERN Passage House Hotel one of the most perfectly positioned venues in Devon. Situated just off the A380 and M5, our conference hotel in Devon is only 15 minutes from Exeter city centre and offers ample free parking and complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Agoda, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Passage House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Passage Hotel Newton Abbot
- Best Western Passage House Hotel Kingsteignton, Devon