“Home away from away”
Review of North Lodge B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canonbie
North Lodge B&B
Ranked #3 of 5 Canonbie B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Better then the silver rating B&B's. We found Stuart and Jo-anne very friendly, helpful and went the extra mild. Our stay was very plesant, the rooms were spacious but homely.
Breakfast was plentiful and delicious. Very helpful with local knowledge and where to venture. A place you would love to stay and relax on your next Scotland trip.

Room Tip: all double rooms suffiecent.
2  Thank home255068

Reviewed 12 August 2011

Booked into North Lodge as I needed a safe place to park my van & trailer. Ample off road parking and I didn't even need to reverse! Room was great with everything you would expect and Stuart was a great host. Fantastic value with a cracking breakfast. I've never bothered with reviews before but as my stay was such good value I thought that others need to know about it! Definately coming back!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank SiPerry
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I could not have asked for a friendlier, more comfortable place to stay. It is a jewel. I have travelled all over and stayed in all kinds of accommodation and North Lodge stands out. The warmth of welcome and the standard of the accommodation in itself is amazing but when you measure that against the extremely reasonable room rate I have got to say that it is outstanding. It is obvious that the owners take great pride in their business and I look forward to the next opportunity to stay there. I can't rate it highly enough.

Room Tip: I was on the ground floor and I slept like a log!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Charlie M
Reviewed 8 August 2011

North Lodge B&B was perfect for my "Heritage Holiday". It was just off the main A7 but felt wonderfully secluded, with the beautiful gardens and the gazebo overlooking their pond yet the town of Canonbie a short drive away. I was able to discover museums, castles, towers, churches and graveyards nearby as well as relax in my beautiful room and garden tub. The breakfasts were delicious and the overall experience perfect. Thank you Joanne & Stuart.

Room Tip: My room was beautifully decorated, spacious and separate from the family area. Perfect.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank dalynn
Reviewed 4 August 2011

This was our second visit to North Lodge. Stuart and Joanne are excellent hosts. If you are looking for a friendly, spotlessly clean , welcoming quality B and B this is it. Sample a full breakfast...perhaps the speciality smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. Enjoy the rural setting. Explore the adjacent lochside with its wildlife. Stuart will be glad to show you around. We felt well catered for from start to finish and have already booked our next visit .

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GlasgowSheil
Reviewed 3 August 2011

North Lodge was recommended by friends; they’ve stayed there a few times. This is a lovely B&B in a wonderful location. The rooms are excellent; the breakfast superb and the owners are really nice, you can’t do better than that. I’m going back again.

2  Thank baheed
Reviewed 8 July 2011

The welcome was genuine and warm - greeted with with tea, scones and shortbread on arrival. My bike was wheeled indoors and stayed secure throughout. A good hot bath with plenty of water in a warm room relaxed tired muscles. Drying facilities dealt with my wet clothes. A helpful phone call to the nearest hotel (about one mile distant - in England) ensured that I was well looked after for supper (excellent home made tomato soup but generally medium priced well cooked food and wine). A comfortable bed and a great breakfast with a choice of full Engllsh / Scottish or scrambled eggs and smoked salmon and coffee made my short stay refreshing and cheerful - just the thing after a long run down from Ochiltree the previous day in the rain.

Room Tip: Orange phone reception is patchy but just about workable from this part of the world.
2  Thank buffer539

Been to North Lodge B&B? Share your experiences!