“Best Ever Weekend Away”

Byreburnfoot Country House Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canonbie
Byreburnfoot Country House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 5 Canonbie B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 March 2011

From the moment we arrived at Bill and Lorraines lovely home we were given the 5 star treatment. The accommodation was perfect in every way, the home cooked food (breakfast and evening meals) were cooked by Bill to perfection with Lorraine organising the finer details. From my many years of travelling in the UK and staying in all kinds of accommodation this is the only one I would give full marks to and I shall definitely be paying Byreburnfoot more visits in the future. Well done Bill and Lorraine.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 March 2011

This wonderful B&B takes your beath away from the moment you go up the drive, the gardens are imacculet and provide much of the fruit and veg served so well by Bill. His "Flower pot" home made bread is wonderful and the home made lemon curd Mmmmm I'm salivating thinking of it.

Last year I stayed in the self catering stables converted by Bill and had a lovely week whilst fishing for Salmon, having a drying room in the accomadation was invaluable.

This year I graduated to the "house propper", it is simply wonderful, especially the suite I stayed in with a relaxing area to read in comfortable setees and the bed was soooo comfortable ..

I have already booked a return visit this time with my girlfriend as I've enthused about it to her since staying.

Highly reccomended definately a five star experiance.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2010

Visiting Dumfries and Galloway on a very short break we stayed at this Country House B&B. It is beautiful in a lovely garden setting overlooking the River Esk with woodland walks a few minutes away. Even the pouring rain could'nt spoil the autumn colours. Excellent sized room overlooking the front of the house onto the garden and river beyond. All mod-cons, flat-screen tv in room along with CD player, DVD player, kettle for tea and coffee also chocs and fresh fruit. Home-made cakes and tea when we arrived to have by a roaring fire. But the best bit for me was that they were so helpful, friendly and flexible. No problem about eating out that evening, and breakfast when we wanted. I would recommend this place to anyone!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2010

I have nothing but good things to say about this fantastic B&B. The hosts were so welcoming and friendly and the house is in a lovely quiet riverside location. Bill is a passionate cook and it showed from the tea and cake on arrival, through a superb dinner to the top notch breakfast (I highly recommend the pancakes, bacon and maple syrup). It's a beautiful house with lovely rooms and great local walks. I really can't think of any negatives.

M & E Molony. Edinburgh

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2010

Wonderful location, accomodation and great hosts.
Food great in a quiet retreat.
Fishing good too!!

Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2010

One arrival we were greeted by Bill on the drive way. After shown us to our suite, which was very comfortable and very reasonaly priced, we were given tea and homemade scones. Delicious! Throughout our stay we were made to feel most welcome. We had home made cooking from a menu which was also delicious. The walks in the local area were fantastic, and most enjoyable. A very relaxing stay.
We could not fault the service. Thanks

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GDad_Joyce
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Having read the other two reviews that are currently posted we can fully agree that this was an excellent choice. The surroundings are tranquil and there are good walks available. I believe that it is also a good base for fishing but this is something that I cannot confirm.The welcome was homely and relaxed. The scones and homemade strawberry jam a real delight, indeed I have never known my husband to have seconds but he did this time. The room did not disappoint, it was a good size and furnished beautifully with some carefully chosen little touches. We had an evening meal which was all freshly cooked and included local produce. Again my husband was well pleased especially with the rhubarb sponge and custard. Breakfast was equally good with fresh fruit, cereal and a range of cooked options.
Overall a very good experience and we would certainly visit again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Been to Byreburnfoot Country House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!