March Bank Hotel
  • Breakfast included
US$103
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmarch bankfour poster bedsteakwine listfamily hotelsunday lunchcouple of nightsjam sponge and custardfamily friendsfront of houseseveral yearsbeautiful roomnext morningmy wifeevening mealpersonal serviceprawns
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 December 2012

I've just returned from staying for three nights with a shooting party at the March Bank Hotel. The warm welcome we received was brilliant and nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff throughout our stay. The rooms were spotlessly clean and very comfortable, the food was simply fabulous. The well-stocked bar was just the ticket at the end of a long day in the field. I'll be delighted to return to this hotel and look forward to taking my family to stay there. Well done to Richard and Claire for looking after us so well!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2012

we arrived with 13 people at the sixt day of our classic car trip through England from the south, after 5 hotels that were good enough, we felt like we were coming home. very lovely welcome, nice rooms, good loungebar and: the best diner of the holliday! Very kind regards and many txs for our fine visit to the owners! Steven from Holland. (driver of the red AC Cobra...)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Steven V
Reviewed 11 September 2012

fantastic hotel, service is second to none,the food is wonderful and the rooms are spotless and well decorated.plenty of hot water and i was given a room with a shower and asked for a room with a bath, no problem was moved straight away. Staff could not be nicer, just the place for a quiet weekend. will certainly go back asap.

Room Tip: room 5 has 4 poster and big bath
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Touring the area on a very wet day we arrived quite late at the March Bank Hotel, purely by chance, but to a very warm welcome. A pot of tea appeared and we were shown to our 4- poster bedroom. How lovely, comfy bed and super decor. A nice hot bath (perhaps our only grumble was there was no shower) and we were ready for a delicious evening meal. Very careful service and attention. The smoked salmon omlette for breakfast was done to perfection and set me up well for the day ahead, as did the full scottish for my husband. Thoughtfully the bay window of our room had TWO armchairs and it was difficult to stir our selves out of these comfy chairs and away from the view. The whole family were so pleasant, professional yet very warm and efficient. A great find.

Room Tip: Front 4 - poster bed room on first floor
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rosemary I
Reviewed 5 August 2012 via mobile

I have never stayed overnight but have eaten here regularly and I can honestly say I've never had a bad meal, be it evening meals or Sunday Lunch.

I am a massive lover of a good steak and last night was the first time I have eaten one at the Marchbank as the specials board is just so 'special'- with a great variety.

Food is locally sourced and homemade and the quality is never substituted for quantity.

One thing mentioned in other reviews- the vegetables are plentiful and PERFECTLY cooked- not over boiled and soggy.

Couldn't recommend dining here highly enough- I might get to stay soon- even if just to sample breakfast!

• Stayed: August 2012