“Outstanding !!!”
Review of March Bank Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Canonbie
March Bank Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Canonbie
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Outstanding !!!”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night recently and i have to say it is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in. The owners Richard and Claire are warm and friendly and make you feel very welcome. The food was excellent, a lot of the produce is locally sourced and Richard is a brilliant Chef. The staff were lovely and couldn't do enough for you. Our bedroom was at the front of the house and the views to the river and beyond were beautiful. The bed was extremely comfortable and even my husband commented he'd had the best nights sleep. Breakfast was just as good as the evening meal. Our stay was short but extremely sweet, and i can't wait to return. Its a first class hotel. If your in the neighbourhood please try it, you wont be disappointed. First Class!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Ledbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2013

This is a fantastic little hotel.
Richard and Claire could not be more welcoming. The rooms are excellent as is the food.
I spend alot of time in hotels and this one is it is exceptionally good value for money.
They cater well for fishing and shooting parties

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Criccieth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2012

I've just returned from staying for three nights with a shooting party at the March Bank Hotel. The warm welcome we received was brilliant and nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff throughout our stay. The rooms were spotlessly clean and very comfortable, the food was simply fabulous. The well-stocked bar was just the ticket at the end of a long day in the field. I'll be delighted to return to this hotel and look forward to taking my family to stay there. Well done to Richard and Claire for looking after us so well!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Vijfhuizen, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed 23 September 2012

we arrived with 13 people at the sixt day of our classic car trip through England from the south, after 5 hotels that were good enough, we felt like we were coming home. very lovely welcome, nice rooms, good loungebar and: the best diner of the holliday! Very kind regards and many txs for our fine visit to the owners! Steven from Holland. (driver of the red AC Cobra...)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Steven V
Welshpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 September 2012

fantastic hotel, service is second to none,the food is wonderful and the rooms are spotless and well decorated.plenty of hot water and i was given a room with a shower and asked for a room with a bath, no problem was moved straight away. Staff could not be nicer, just the place for a quiet weekend. will certainly go back asap.

Room Tip: room 5 has 4 poster and big bath
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Bures
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Touring the area on a very wet day we arrived quite late at the March Bank Hotel, purely by chance, but to a very warm welcome. A pot of tea appeared and we were shown to our 4- poster bedroom. How lovely, comfy bed and super decor. A nice hot bath (perhaps our only grumble was there was no shower) and we were ready for a delicious evening meal. Very careful service and attention. The smoked salmon omlette for breakfast was done to perfection and set me up well for the day ahead, as did the full scottish for my husband. Thoughtfully the bay window of our room had TWO armchairs and it was difficult to stir our selves out of these comfy chairs and away from the view. The whole family were so pleasant, professional yet very warm and efficient. A great find.

Room Tip: Front 4 - poster bed room on first floor
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Rosemary I
Liverpool
Reviewed 5 August 2012 via mobile

I have never stayed overnight but have eaten here regularly and I can honestly say I've never had a bad meal, be it evening meals or Sunday Lunch.

I am a massive lover of a good steak and last night was the first time I have eaten one at the Marchbank as the specials board is just so 'special'- with a great variety.

Food is locally sourced and homemade and the quality is never substituted for quantity.

One thing mentioned in other reviews- the vegetables are plentiful and PERFECTLY cooked- not over boiled and soggy.

Couldn't recommend dining here highly enough- I might get to stay soon- even if just to sample breakfast!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Scrumdown1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canonbie
Smiths at Gretna Green Hotel
Greens at Gretna
Greens at Gretna
#2 of 5 in Gretna
The Gretna Chase Hotel

Been to March Bank Hotel? Share your experiences!