“Nice hotel..but not in the winter.”

Hallmark Hotel Hull
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in North Ferriby
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed here in January this year for a three day business trip and found the hotel in general very nice. The food was very good and the staff pleasant and friendly however it appears that the heating is turned down( felt like completely off) in the evening. I pointed out to reception that the room was very cold and was given the explanation that it was hotel procedure to do this EVEN in the winter. I was offered fan heaters but they can be stifling so I did try to relocate but there was no alternative hotels available. This was disappointing as it is a nice hotel which I would use again but not in the winter.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Serena W, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Hull, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Thank you for your valuable feedback; following your visit earlier this year in January.

I am disappointed to hear of your concerns with the heating however; and am baffled why a member of the Team would advise that the Heating is turned off. I shall certainly be reviewing this concern further.

I am delighted to hear that you found the food to be of a good quality; and the hotel nice; with friendly and pleasant Staff.

I hope that the Hallmark Team can look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Serena

Write a ReviewReviews (1,217)

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We just stayed the one night, as we were in Hull for a wedding (at a different venue). We arrived at 5 and the car park was totally rammed, people parked at odd angles and we ended up on a patch of grass just off the driveway. Check in was straightforward then it took a few goes to get our key card to work. Our room was fine on the whole - spotlessly clean - although the window didn't close properly nor did the curtains meet.

The hotel was really nicely decorated; loved all the wine prints. The lounge with views over the estuary was lovely. However, one of windows was cracked and the building wasn't attractive from the outside.

Breakfast the next morning seemed a bit chaotic - there had been a fire alarm which we think hastened everyone downstairs at the same time! No tables in the Brasserie, but once we were set up in the lounge by a charming waitress all was well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel, as we could still hear the traffic from there - it would ha...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind review; and valuable feedback.

I am delighted to learn that you found our guest rooms spotlessly clean; and that you enjoyed the nice decor of the Hotel. We are currently awaiting the replacement of the cracked window.

I apologise for the inconvenience of the Fire Alarm; and yes, I am sure t hat this was contributory to the rather busy Breakfast. I am delighted however, to hear that you found our Waitress charming.

I hope that the Team can look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

My partner and I booked this hotel through Wahanda as a pamper break for our first year anniversary. We called up early to book in our treatments and were expecting a spa experience.
We arrived on the day to find that our treatments had been booked for the wrong month and they could not fit us in (Hotels fault) so we decided to go and check the facilities. The 'spa' that we were expecting was a small gym with hardly any equipment and a sauna that looked like it had been built in a cupboard. That was all! We complained to the front desk who arranged free drinks for us, but could not refund us. And promptly left, our special day ruined. We then called Wahanda to try and get out money back, with no luck. And then went straight to the hotel who also refused to give any sort of a refund. We travelled all the way from peterborough and back, and they did not even offer to cover our travel expensed. Just offered us another pamper day?!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liddlelorz

Thank you for taking the time to feedback following your recent visit to the Hallmark Hotel.

I am disappointed to learn further of your recent visit to the Hallmark; as believe that your concerns have already been dealt with; together with the 3rd Party Site which you made the booking via.

I believe upon your arrival, there had been a mix-up on the booking date; however we quickly reviewed our availability and was able to re-arrange your treatments on the day (although you chose not to take the treatments).

We are very careful on how our Beauty and Leisure Facilities are advertised; and although advertised on 3rd Party Websites - we do take care not to advertise as a full Spa. Our facilities comprise of a Gym, Sauna, Jogging Track, Beauty Rooms and a Relaxation Suite.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Having bought my daughter a Group Spa voucher for this hotel we decided to use it before it expired. We went to the hotel reception and we were given our robe and slippers and we were told where we needed to go. The changing rooms were extremely cold but we quickly put on our robes and tried to find the relaxation room. The room was ok but it just lacked that extra special sparkle that I have come to expect from a good spa. There was no real ambiance and all there was to drink was some horrible tap water. Our therapists came to greet us and take us to the treatment rooms which looked like they had previously been hotel bedrooms. My therapist was really sweet and she explained what the treatment consisted of. I had the full body massage and also a facial which included an indian head massage. I have to say I thought the full body massage was not up to the standard I have experienced in other spa's, it was as if the therapist was just going through the motions and couldn't be bothered. The facial was ok and the indian head massage was more 'I' than 'indian', I felt that the therapist really didn't like to put her hands through my hair. Once the facial and massage was finished the therapist took us back to the relaxation room which was a good thing because we would never have found it otherwise. I asked the therapist about ordering coffee and she said she would organise it for me but she didn't and I had to get it myself, which was fine bit it would have been nice to have all the coffee and tea facilities available in the relaxation room. I'm not convinced that the Hallmark hotel in Ferriby has got it right where the spa is concerned. I think its very disjointed and lacks the wow factor. I'm a great believer in being shown what products have been used on my skin and I also would have liked the opportunity to have purchased those products had they been on sale. Hallmark Hotel, if you are going to advertise the fact that you have a Spa I think that you need to plough more money into it and turn it into something that has a wow factor rather that something that has the 'ouch' factor. I cannot, now, tell all my friends that I had a fabulous spa day because I didn't.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank christine g
Serena W, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Hull, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Christine G,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Hallmark Hotel; and for your valuable Tripadvisor feedback.

This is the first feedback that I believe we have received regarding the service provided by our Therapist; and would really appreciate discussing this matter further directly with you.

I have checked into the changing room; unfortunately it appears that the radiator had been turned off; and sincerely apologise for the temperature of the room during your visit.

I would be grateful if you would kindly contact me directly on serena.walters@hallmarkhotels.co.uk to discuss your recent visit.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Stayed whilst on business in the Hull area... Great late deal of £49 a night room only... Hotel looks a little dated from the outside but inside modern and stylish with clean modern looking rooms... Gardens a treat with drinks terrace with good views of the Humber Bridge... Breakfast £10 as on room only deal but good selection of fruits and cooked breakfast... Bar meals reasonably priced around £10 for mains with an option to eat in the hotels brasserie for more fancier food... Good free wifi connection throughout the hotel... Just one negative... The water pressure in the shower was very low... Overall a great stay....

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark S

Thank you for your great review; and for "Discovering" the Hallmark Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you found the Hotel Modern, clean and stylish. We do have the most stunning views in Hull; and delighted to hear that you enjoyed the view and gardens.

It's great to hear that you found our food reasonably priced; and very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Our Maintenance Manager, in the meantime - will review the water pressure experienced in your room.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Having just returned from sunday lunch I feel compelled to leave a review .
We where booked in at 1pm and there was 3 sittings throughout the day , we didn't feel rushed in anyway and our every need was well catered for ,
The Sunday dinner has to be one of the best iv had in a long time and the Yorkshire puddings where absolutely amazing , as was the chocolate brownie for dessert
we will definitely be returning very soon ..

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank BIGDEE81
Serena W, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Hull, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

WOW! Thank you for another 5 Star Review!

The Team are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent experience at the Hallmark Hotel on Mothering Sunday.

Our Mothering Sunday Menu was very similar to our regular Weekly Sunday Lunch Menu; which is very popular - offering great value for money!

The Team are delighted to that you felt that you had plenty of time to enjoy the dining experience; and that you particularly enjoyed our Chef's popular and large (!) Yorkshire Pudding (and of course the all important Dessert)...

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

P.s. Easter Sunday Lunch NOW on Sale with FREE Easter Eggs for the Children!

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Saturday 29th March 2014.

I recently purchased a Groupon voucher which allowed us to stay the evening with a late check out and tapas at the bar.

I must say we were very impressed.

We were greeted with a warm welcome and the receptionist was very helpful. We arrived at around 5pm and there were no issues with check in! An excellent start.

Room: perfect! The standard of the room for the value (50.00) was fantastic. Very clean and modern. Tea and coffee supplied. Ironing board and iron. I didn't find a hair dryer. However, I had brought my own so wasn't specifically looking for one.

Tapas: it was nice. Please see the pictures I have uploaded. Great way to start the evening. Service again by the staff was excellent.

Restaurant: there are no other words to describe it, other than EXCELLENT!

The steak was perfectly cooked! The quality of the food was clearly of a high standard. Again, decor modern and fantastic service by two lovely ladies. The atmosphere was very calm and relaxing.

Sleep quality: slept perfectly! Considering we were close to main roads, we heard absolutely nothing. The room (133) was of a good temperature and the black out curtains worked a treat. The mattress was just right for us.

Breakfast: this was a buffet style breakast. It had everything that should be there;
- fresh fruit
- pastries and bread
- cereals and yogurt
- tea/coffee and a range of fruit juices
- hot items to make a "cooked breakfast"

And many more.

All the food was fresh and again, of a high quality! Service at breakfast - super!

Check out: excellent!

Would I stay here again? Yes!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JSPHILLIPS1
Serena W, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Hull, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

WOW! Thank you for another 5 Star Review!

I am delighted that you have recent discovered the Hallmark Hotel (Hull); and that you were impressed with your discovery.

It's great that you found our guest bedrooms to be clean & modern; and your Restaurant experience excellent; along with our High Standard of Food.

I am further delighted that you enjoyed a perfect night's sleep; and that you would return.

Please don't hesitate to contact me on your next visit; and as a "Thank you" for such a great review - a complimentary upgrade would be available!

The Hallmark Team look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Ferriby
#5 of 20 in Kingston-upon-Hull
Lazaat
Lazaat
#1 of 1 in Cottingham

Been to Hallmark Hotel Hull? Share your experiences!