“Good value and location”

Hallmark Hotel Hull
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in North Ferriby
“Good value and location”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed for a three nights break with breakfast included. Room was a decent size with a pleasant view overlooking the Humber estuary. Everything was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was plentiful with a good choice. The hotel is much better than the exterior suggests. Quick access to Hull and Beverley and the Wolds. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Liverpool
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have a love/hate relationship with is hotel. I have stayed here several times and generally (despite one or two hiccups) I am happy. Unfortunately the biggest issue I have is that the restaurant have NO accessibility for wheelchair users or those with limited mobility. The entrance to the restaurant takes up a large area with steps either side (see photo) ... Although it is quite steep, it would be possible to have a gradual sweeping ramp on the right hand side. I asked about access and was told that wheelchair users eat in the bar area. I have 2 issues with this: the first is that that segregates disabled guests and the second is that the breakfast buffet is located in the restaurant .... Disabled guests would have to have food brought down to them in the bar area and couldn't actually make their own choice from the buffet. I brought this up with the manager today and he told me that access has improved since the refurbishment - my point is that if the hotel has been refurbished,why wasn't the access to the restaurant addressed?

The staff are very nice and I got the impression that they are also frustrated by the issue ... I intend to write to head office of Hallmark Hotels, but the manager did not seem to think that anything would be done. I question whether the hotel meets the requirements of the disability discrimination act ... The manager tells me it does!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank AnnGrace43
Folkestone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

we have just returned from a weekend at the hallmark . our evening meal was absolutely delicious. breakfasts were very good too with lots of variety . The most important aspect for us as a family was that our little dog was welcomed. Flossie became friends with all staff and we can say we have had a lovely time. we will certainly be returning to stay there again as we visit family in the area. Thank you very much .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Serena W, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Hull, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
WOW! Thank you so much for your wonderful 5* Review!

Delighted to hear that you found our Hotel to be modern with a cool feel; we aim to create a relaxed and layed-back ambience to our guests.

Great that you found our Reception Team and Alex & Joe from the Lounge Bar to be friendly, Helpful & Smiley :-)

Fantastic that you enjoyed our food; and that our Breakfast has a great selection.

The Team and I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Recently stayed here with my partner on one of the hotel's "Discover Hallmark" packages for £89. Wasn't expecting much at all as this seemed really cheap for a 4star hotel. What a surprise... from outside it looks a little old school but as soon as you enter you are greeted with a really modern and cool feel. Great team on the front desk who were more than helpful and when I asked for what there is to do locally they were helped with guides and offered to check cinema times on the net for me. Bedrooms really nice - clean and comfortable and whilst not overly large they are ample for a weekend break. Alex and Joe on the bar were friendly and the girls in the restaurant were helpful, smiley and made the night. Food really good and service excellent. There was a wedding on but can only be expected in a hotel on a weekend and didn't affect the experience. We had a few drinks on the outside decking area as it was a sunny night then headed into the town to see a film. Breakfast fantastic next day - great selection. Slight wait for a table but again busy hotel and so can only be expected. Check out swift and although a different man from the girls who checked us in, he was still friendly and professional. This hotel is a gem in the area. Great offering and a fantastic team from what we have seen. Will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: We overlooked the bridge - ask for those
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
York
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I guess it started off badly when I booked a five course tasting menu using a Groupon voucher I explained I was in a wheelchair I was told the restaurant was up some stairs therefore unsuitable for a wheelchair user but they would set up a table in the bar lounge. The checked the bar would not be very busy and the table had nice views I went ahead. When we arrived there was a wedding party occupying the bar area football playing loudly on the tv. I enquired at reception and was told the bar lounge would be quieter at 7.30 our table was booked for 6! after exploring the restaurant accessibility I decided to manage the stairs with assistance of my friend. I then discovered the disabled toilet was on the lower ground floor back down the steps I had just climbed up then more stairs to the lower ground - I decided not to go! We got settled at our table
out first course soup very pleasant the arrived we were told a palate cleanser sorbet bought in I discovered. after or mail course arrive chicken very average followed by apple pie and custard (complete with lumps) that was it the worse taster menu I've had! I have never had a bought in plate cleanser treated as a course. The experience continued having made my way down to the ground floor enquired if we could access the toilets any other way instead of going down more stairs we were directed outside round the corner my friend who pushed me had to back in to open a door whilst I remained sitting in my wheelchair in a rather grubby area with three or four rat bait traps in site!
Don't go very average food totally unsuitable for a wheelchair user staff some helpful others average.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank peterkYork
Thank you for your valuable feedback and review.

I am really disappointed to read through your feedback; and would welcome the opportunity to discuss our stay further directly. If you would like to contact me directly on serena.walters@hallmarkhotels.co.uk; I look forward to hearing from you.

Derbyshire
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here on multiple occasions with business and am very pleased with the hotel. Clean rooms, good facilities and excellent staff.

Special mention is deserved by Jason and Heather who make each stay personable and very pleasant.

Would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Lucky_SxE_13
Serena W, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Hull, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Thank you very much for your wonderful 5 Star Review. The Team will be delighted to receive the feedback (particularly Jason & Heather).

I am delighted to learn that you find our guest rooms clean, with good hotel facilities and excellent staff.

I hope that you continue to enjoy your future visits at the Hotel.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is not beautiful on the outside but they have made an effort on the inside and there are lovely views of the river. The staff are very sweet but lacking training making service ridiculously slow! For instance, we asked for a mocha and they had no idea what a mocha is! Asked for a glass of prosecco as it came in a wine glass as opposed to a champagne flute, etc. The food is good but it takes so long to get anything, even the buffet breakfast in the morning, you have to wait 15 minutes for fresh croissants and spilt coffee! The gym is small but has everything you could need. I would expect there to be bottled water in the room but there is only tea and coffee, not even herbal tea, there is no mini bar and a £4.50 charge for room service. It is ok if you're on business but I wouldn't come here for a mini break as I believe you would be disappointed.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your valuable feedback.

I am really disappointed to learn of your recent experience. All of these matters are taken seriously, and have been discussed at length with our Operations Manager.

I hope that you will provide the Team with the opportunity to welcome you back; and if you would like to arrange a future stay; please don't hesitate to contact me directly on serena.walters@hallmarkhotels.co.uk

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Ferriby
The Royal Hotel Hull
The Royal Hotel Hull
#9 of 18 in Kingston-upon-Hull
Cave Castle Hotel & Country Club

Been to Hallmark Hotel Hull? Share your experiences!