“A friendly local cafe and deli ”
Review of The Cheese Shop

The Cheese Shop
Ranked #20 of 29 Restaurants in Howden
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The Cheese Shop is a local cafe and deli in Howden. We have visited many times for coffee and breakfast. The food is good. The staff are efficient and friendly. The cafe is popular with cycling clubs, as Debbie, the owner provides bike locks. The scones with jam and cream are to die for.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As we were cycling we sat opposite in the square to keep an eye on our bikes, the staff when I went in were very attentive, made me an egg sandwich even though not on the menu, the scones are enormous & well baked, then brought food out to us to save us waiting around. A lovely little find.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

Like the title says, it wasn't bad here just nothing exceptional. We (my wife and I) had sausage sandwiches and tea and they were good. The tea was plentiful. Not exceptional but I would have no problem coming here again.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

A lovely tearooms in the picturesque town of Howden where the R100 airship was built.
The Stew and Yorkshire Puddings was superb, so was the small breakfast. Excellent locally sourced food.
One step inside the shop halfway in. First half wheelchair accessible but not toilet.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

I went in here recently after not visiting for a while and it has gone down hill. The staff ignored us whilst we stood ant the counter and they walked up and down/talked to each other like we weren’t there. I felt a bit put out until they did exactly the same to the next couple who walked in! I work over 80 hours a week in a demanding job and I still manage to be courteous to people. May be it was just a bad day!

2  Thank Yorkshirejoey