We had a Groupon for this stay, so as the hotel isn't that far from home for us it was like going out for a superb dinner, but staying over instead of getting a taxi home. Yes there is work going on and the staff maybe a little inexperienced in some areas, they more than made up for this with their friendliness and enthusiasm (even the decorator said hello and goodbye), we loved our room, it had a comfy bed and a great bathroom, we had the most fantastic dinner, our first experience of fillet steak. There's no real lounge to speak off but not sure what the downstairs will offer once completed. I'd maybe say keep the volume down on the music downstairs if restaurant shut, and clarify what breakfast is included with the bed & breakfast, but apart from that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely return
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Boutique Hotel and Restaurant located close to Colchester in Essex. Each of the nine bedrooms are uniquely themed and furnished to offer superior comfort all with en suite bathrooms. Our Head Chef has a ever changing menu using only local seasonal produce from local farmers and producers. we buy directly from farmers and producers across East Anglia. Local amenities include, 2 x golf courses, flying club and airfield, 2 local steam railways and many historic buildings in the area. Nearby Colchester is one of England's oldest recorded towns. The hotel can cater for weddings and conferences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your The Drapers House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drapers Hotel Earls Colne
- The Drapers House Hotel Essex/Earls Colne