The Yew Tree
The Cricketers' Arms(Saffron Walden)
US$106
US$103
Orbitz.com
US$82
Travelocity
US$90
US$76
Novotel London Stansted Airport(Stansted Mountfitchet)
US$119
US$89
US$86
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe pubstansted airportample spaceone night stayroast dinnerrural locationgreat accommodationgroupon dealrestaurant tablesthank you for a lovelypretty villagemotel style roomsquiet areapublic areascomfy bedenjoyed my stayovernight stay
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I stayed here before my flight the following morning at Stansted. The hotel offered a free shuttle to the airport and free parking until my return. The only problem arose when the taxi that the hotel had booked for me failed to arrive, hence making me late and missing my flight. In defence of the hotel they were very apologetic and refunded my expenses to change for a later flight and offered me a free nights stay.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Gongoozled W
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I was very pleased to see that the Yew Tree was once again open to the public in early December 2013. It appears new management have taken over the Yew Tree. I have visited twice for a drink and found the bar man to be very friendly and helpful. Prices are very reasonable.

There is no WIFI or card payment facilities yet the pub has not long re-opened. I will be re-visiting soon to sample the food, but so far, it is looking good. Let's hope this place can stay open as it is such a nice building and has suffered from a difficult past of closures.

Room Tip: I don't think you are able to book rooms yet as the place has only just re-opened.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Robert T
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

This is just a pub. Hardly anyone in there. Not surprised. Food average. Rooms not good enough. Service amateurish. Must be on minimum wage.manage seems uninterested. Very pretty village. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 5 May 2013

went with a friend who as a little girl went to primary school in manuden .and wanted to show me around ,we went to the yew tree pub ,for lunch ;which was very good value for money and the best scampi and chips my friend said she had ever had ,i had chicken and bacon salad very nice ,bar staff very helpful,opposit was the church which my freind had got christen in ,and we watched a wedding while having lunch ,would go back to the yew tree for lunch or dinner ,had a very good
variety of food on menu and good prices ,may 4 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Called in on the off chance for lunch. First impression was that this had been very poorly decorated, it was cold, and there was a large TV showing rock music.. Only two real ale beers on tap, Speckled Hen and IPA, and the IPA was off - as was the Speckled Hen, when it was poured!! Guinness would have to do. I asked for the menu - there was very little choice, and only one if you don't eat meat. We decided against it, drank our beers and left - which left the bar empty at 1.30 pm..

There is a sign outside saying "Under new management" - and this apparently happened in November 2012. By now, I would have thought they would have decided who their target customers were - clearly not people wanting a decent pub lunch. Maybe it's heaving in the evenings, or they rely on their rooms to generate money - but they won't get it on normal pub trade. I was looking for somewhere to take a party of 12 for lunch - but this place is definitely off the list. In a nice location in a small village, that deserves more from it's village pub.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple