“A lovely welcoming, friendly Bed & Breakfast”

The Roods Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I chose this B & B by the reviews and reccomendations online. I was NOT disappointed!! Isobel is a charming host and makes you feel very welcome. A lovely welcome awaits, with extra touches like a tray of fruit in your room. The breakfast is prepared fresh for every individual each morning, lots of choice and delicious homemade preserves, compotes , fresh fruit salads etc. Nothing is too much trouble for Isobel! It is served in a very pretty conservatory with a delightful outlook onto the pretty garden!! My room was warm, cosy and a delight to relax and sleep well. Isobel's grandchildren were staying the weekend I was there and they were perfect hosts too!! Pat was away from home, so unfortunately I did not get to meet him. But I am hoping to return sometime in the not too distant future and take my sister with me to enjoy it all!!! The final 'special' touch was a little gift on the Table at Breakfast the last day - a Mini Fruit Loaf and a Tea Bag! Something to enjoy and rememeber Isobel when I got home!! Couldn't recommend this place enough!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 2 October 2012

From the welcome email to the excellent breakfast this was an excellent experience. I booked on line and got a lovely email welcoming me to Isobel and Pat's home and from there on they couldn't have been more helpful. The bedroom was lovely with a little tray of fruit and a good hospitality tray. The shower room was excellent with a very tasteful array of toiletries and loads of towels.
I arrived quite late and they encouraged me to go and get a takeaway to bring back and eat in the lovely conservatory with all plates etc provided.
Breakfast was fantastic - a huge choice and beautifully served. Especially loved the fruit salad!
I am returning and would advise anyone to go to The Roods!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2012

What a great place! I arrived to a very warm greeting from both Pat and Isobel who were friendly and made me feel at home straight away. My room was beautifully furnished and with everything and more you could possibly need.
I slept wonderfully and was woke up to a 5* breakfast special of smoked salmon with creamy scrambled egg which with out exaggeration could of been straight from a top restaurant.
To top this great stay out the owners of this little gem went above and beyond by giving me a lift the next day to my appointment.
Wonderful people, 5* B&B
I am looking forward to going back.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Not only was the establishment just as the other glowing reviews state, plus Pat putting himself to some trouble booking me supper and arranging a taxi, but the breakfast was in a class of it's own, and I regards myself as an experienced expert!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We stayed at The Roods at the end of August 2012, as we were going to The Military Tattoo. Transport link by train was so easy, the local station being no more than a stones throw from The Roods, but don't worry there is no noise from the trains, we slept like babies in the lovely comfy bed. Our room was lovely, well decorated with a very modern en suite shower room - all spotlessly clean. Breakfast was amazing, so many choices and options, and put many a hotel to shame. Then we come to Isobel and Pat, they offer the warmest welcome and really cannot do enough to make your stay pleasurable - I had travelled to Scotland having broken my ankle the week before, and I was amazed at how lovely and helpful these people were. They really do make you feel at home, with effortless charm. Our only regret, we only booked for one night. Would we return to The Roods? ABSOLUTELY. Thank you Isobel and Pat.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2012

The Roods is a real find. Isobel and Pat are great hosts and go the extra mile to make your stay enjoyable. Lovely rooms, comfy beds and the Breakfast choice is amazing. No need to use your car as transport links are right on the doorstep. The Roods is a top B&B.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2012

The owners, Pat & Isobel, are incredible hosts. The rooms are all modern and ensuite with clean facilities. The breakfast is awesome. The location is right across from a path that leads to the Inverkeithing rail station which allows easy access to Edinburgh and the Highlands.

Room Tip: They are all good.