“The Roods”

The Roods Bed & Breakfast
Stuartfield
“The Roods”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Thank you Isobel and Pat for making our short stay with you great. Your friendly welcome was appreciated and we just loved your garden. Wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy it. Your early morning "goody bag" was a lovely gesture and shows as hosts you really do care about your guests. We will certainly return and will recommend you to all our friends and family.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Hebrew first
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2013

What a lovely friendly welcome from hosts Isobel and Patrick
I stayed here before an early morning flight from Edinburgh airport, and on my return , my husband and I both stayed
I cannot praise this establishment , or its owners enough
They were so welcoming , kind and friendly .
As I was leaving at stupid o clock, Isobel left me a generous packed breakfast to take
The little touches were much appreciated
The rooms , bed and decor were of a very high standard , right down to a sweet tower
Breakfast was delightful and the best fresh fruit salad I have ever seen
I really feel we were looked after with care and genuine concern, and both my husband and myself look forward to a return visit sometime
I highly recommend this place to the discerning guests. You wont be let down

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I recently stayed there for 2 days B&B and was seriously impressed with the standard of accommodation. The owners Patrick & Isobel were very welcoming hosts and help to create a very relaxed atmosphere. My room was everything that I would expect and tremendous value for money. One final thing to state is that the breakfast was lovely and set me up for watching a full days racing at Knockhill.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2013

A warm and welcoming B&B and the owners Patrick and Isobel are so friendly and hospitable.
We stayed there only one night but it was so comfortable and the food was excellent as well. We will certainly return there when we are next in the area.

Paul & Jane

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Paul R
Scottish Highlands, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I stayed here for two nights and was seriously impressed . I found the landlady and her husband to be lovely, warm and welcoming hosts who are genuinely nice peope and interested in engaging with their guests. (though never intrusive)

The room I had was absolutely lovely. The breakfast was plentiful, excellent quality and well cooked. There was even a fresh fruit plate in my room. Most hotels don't even bother with such niceties. Superb!

The train station is just the shortest walk away ( down through their pretty garden, cross the main road and you're there).

Isobel, the landlady, must be one of the best B & B owners in Scotland .... Great attention to detail and a gem of a lady too.

Highly recommended this B & B on all fronts ... Would put many hotels to shame.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We spent 2 nights in this perfect guesthouse. Isobel and Patrick were excellent hosts and made us feel so welcome. Our room was a well appointed ensuite with everything you could possibly need. Being able to make tea in the morning an absolute joy! Breakfast was fantastic. Do try Isobel's fresh fruit salad. Not to be missed! We recommend this guesthouse wholeheartedly.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2013

This is a lovely well kept guesthouse - the proprietors are charming and friendly and went out of their way to make me feel at home (even down to giving me a lift into town). The rooms are comfortable and very well equipped. Breakfast was marvellous (and the fruit salad deserves a special mention). I will be back!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inverkeithing
Pitbauchlie House Hotel
Premier Inn Dunfermline Hotel
#2 of 12 in Dunfermline
Best Western Plus Keavil House Hotel
The Guildhall & Linen Exchange Hotel

Been to The Roods Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!