“Excellent hosts and interesting guests”

The Roods Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Ideal base for Edinburgh. Easy to reach. Comfortable room. Isobel and Pat are excellent hosts -- outstanding. Other guests were also very interesting individuals and conversation at the breakfast table was fascinating.

It's nice to have a place to be able to recommend to people visiting the Edinburgh area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Very convenient for Edinburgh and/or Fife if you prefer an EXCELLENT B&B with a little travelling involved. Train Station is 1 minute away and Tram Park and Ride is 10 mins away by car for journeys into Edinburgh. The rooms are excellent, clean and very, very well provisioned. The welcome and hospitality is outstanding.

The breakfast choice and quality is brilliant and the little welcoming touches are great and if you are booked long enough to relax at the Roods......the garden is superb.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Hidden away in Inverkeithing (but pleasingly near the train station) is a gem of a B&B. I feel I shouldn't rave to enthusiastically because it won't be available next time! Joking aside this is a genuine warm welcoming delight of a B&B. Highly recommended. For those who enjoy walking or running there is an excellent coastal path with stunning views of the Firth of Forth. Paul Marshall Jul 2014.

Room Tip: Rooms are limited because B&B but all are excellent I am sure.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed here whilst working in the area. Isobel and Pat were great hosts. The room I had was very good and the en suite would rival anything from a more expensive hotel.
The choice of breakfast was superb, when I told Isobel that I would be leaving early she made me up a bag of fresh fruit to take with me, a lovely touch
I would definitely recommend The Roods to anybody staying in the area

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 7 July 2014

If you're looking for a warm, friendly Guest House outside the hustle and bustle of Edinburgh, this is the place for you. It is quite close to the Inverkeithing Railway Station, and the trains are very frequent in both directions. You will be met by a friendly couple who are anxious to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The breakfast is delicious, with a wide choice of selections. The conservatory, where breakfast is served, is quite nice, with a view of the garden. You will love this place and the proprietors!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I'm a bit late writing this review, but hopefully I can still convey how much I enjoyed my stay at The Roods!
Having been cycling all day, I reached Inverkeithing, and was pointed towards this cracking wee bed and breakfast, who just happened to have a room available at incredibly short notice.
When I arrived at The Roods, having called to book and been given directions to the door, I was greeted by the friendliest hosts I've had the pleasure to encounter.
Not only were they very welcoming and helpful with my enquiries, they were also genuinely interested in my trip, which had involved a few days of cycling and camping.
Add to this, a brilliant, comfortable and clean room, a cracking breakfast and a secure place to store my bike, and I can safety say that this is the nicest b&b I've ever had the pleasure to stay in!!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed 28/6/2014 we had booked for 2nights but work prevented us staying for 1st night had to cancel . Isobel was very apologetic about having to charge us for first night cancellation but it wasn't her fault we were quite happy to pay not Isobel's fault .Anyway the room was well furnished ,comfy beds ,great shower area . Very good breakfast with good options to please all tastes.We were made very welcome and would not hesitate to recommend The Roods as a great place to stay.Anybody going to F2 Stock Car world final in sept would find it hard to find a better placed or friendlier b+b in the area

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inverkeithing
Best Western Plus Keavil House Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh - Queensferry Crossing
DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh -...
#1 of 1 in North Queensferry
#1 of 4 in South Queensferry
Pitbauchlie House Hotel
Pitbauchlie House Hotel
#5 of 12 in Dunfermline

Been to The Roods Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!