“fantastic place”

The Roods Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Room very comfortable and light, slept well, lovely en-suite. Breakfast was delicious. Very friendly hosts, most welcoming. Couldn't find where to park initially, only because we hadn't read the e-mail telling us where to go. Beautiful garden, peaceful area. Good transport links. Stayed en-route to Commonwealth games, wished we has stayed here for the whole time instead of staying near Glasgow. A gem of a B & B.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue L
There are newer reviews for The Roods Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I travel around the country with work and have a network of places where I normally stay but have always failed to find somewhere in the Dunfermline area where I'd be happy to return to - until now.

And it's taken a while!

Having somehow managed to get in at quite a late date given the various activities going on in the area, I was greeted with a welcome e-mail detailing how to get to The Roods which will be particularly helpful for those who aren't familiar with the area.

On arrival, Isobel was very welcoming and quickly showed me to my room - apologising for the fact I was upstairs rather than in the room I would have been in downstairs. That was no issue with me and there was no need to say sorry, as the room was clean and spacious, with a comfortable bed and large en-suite, while there was also a 'tower of treats' alongside the tea and coffee making facilities.

After a chat about my day working, I was left in peace to get on with the work I had before breakfast the following morning, which was served at a time to suit and was just what was needed before another long day. There was way more choice than I needed!

Given some of the rates quoted elsewhere, I'd go so far as to say that the price was something of a bargain and I've already booked in for the same time next year when I'm back in the area. Shame it's taken ten years to find The Roods in the first place!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Matt S
Reviewed 21 August 2014

100% satisfaction regarding everything about The Roods. The owners Patrick & Isobel are fantastic hosts and make you very welcome in their home. Quality room, furnishings, bathroom and the breakfasts are to die for. Location is about 1 minute walk from local train station which is on a direct route to Edinburgh (25 min journey). Peaceful location and had a very relaxing time with Patrick & Isobel.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Well positioned for regular train service into Edinburgh, about 50 yards to the station. Room and bathroom were beautiful and lots of nice touches on hospitality tray. Good choice for excellent breakfast, and warm welcome.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Myself, partner, sister and her husband all stayed at The Roods, whilst in Scotland to see the Military Tattoo. We didn't wish to pay Edinburgh prices for our B&B, so chose The Roods due to its fantastic reviews. We couldn't have chosen a better place to stay.
The Roods was ideal for the train station - which is literally a minute away. The trains were very frequent and Edinburgh was about a 20 minute ride away, at a cost of £5.50 return (off peak) - with the last train from Edinburgh back to Inverkeithing at around 11.30 pm.
The rooms were lovely - comfortable and beautifully decorated - with Isobel and Pat having considered every comfort and emergency situation you could find yourself in (ranging from toiletries to first aid, needle and cotton kit to umbrella!). I don't think I could have found myself in any situation that Isobel hadn't provided a solution for! There were other extra little touches too that I have chosen not to mention, so that they come as just as much a lovely surprise for other guests as they did for us.
The garden was also lovely - with Isobel positively encouraging us to go out and take a walk around. If the weather had been better, I'm sure we would have spent more time enjoying the lovely garden. If I remember rightly, Isobel told me at the last count she'd totted up 40 different places to sit!
The breakfast the following morning was absolutely beautiful. One of our party has a gluten allergy, which Isobel happily catered for. All 4 of us commented that we had never had a better breakfast - and the fact Isobel cooked everything up just prior to serving, certainly showed. I mustn't forget to give a mention to our excellent waiter (Pat) either, who served up Isobel's delicious breakfast, and always had time to chat and spend time with us.
I cannot compliment Isobel and Pat enough on running a delightful B&B. They certainly go that extra mile. They are a lovely couple who thoroughly deserve all the excellent reviews they are receiving.
We will definitely all be staying at The Roods again - and are already looking forward to our next visit which will hopefully be for a little longer. We know we couldn't be made to feel more welcome and at home anywhere else. Thank you Isobel and Pat for helping us to have a great weekend.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2014

A wonderful return visit to see Isobel & Pat at The Roods. It is like "home from home" with the best hosts you could find. Nothing is too much trouble and the breakfast is the best ever!!. Cannot recommend too highly and looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent.
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We spent one night at the Roods. A very lovely room, relaxing and convenient to the airport. We were in Scotland for 10 days and this was our last stop. Well appointed comfortable room. Isobel and Patrick even packed a breakfast for us to take for our early flight! Would certainly recommend staying here.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inverkeithing
DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh - Queensferry Crossing
DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh -...
#1 of 1 in North Queensferry
#1 of 3 in Aberdour
Pitbauchlie House Hotel
Pitbauchlie House Hotel
#5 of 12 in Dunfermline

Been to The Roods Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!