“A disgrace to Scotland - what must tourists think of places like this?!”
Review of Albert Hotel

Albert Hotel
Cuisines: Contemporary
Scotland
“A disgrace to Scotland - what must tourists think of places like this?!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Very disappointing. From the moment we walked in at lunchtime - the barmaid totally ignored us. After sitting at a table for five minutes I asked for a menu which was almost thrown onto the table without a smile, a hello - or even instructions that we had to order at the bar. We worked that out as she was obviously stuck behind it. The children's food - when it arrived was pathetic - see picture - we did order the chicken nuggets without beans but really FIVE chips! - I had haddock and chips - hard to get wrong I would have thought and if you like soggy fish batter you'll be fine. I don't! My wife had what was described as Thai Stir Fry with Beef and Noodles - which was apparently tasty - though why it had half a dozen pieces of inedible potato on top I have no idea! A pot of tea was ordered - which was duly served - but no milk was offered until we asked for it! The staff clearly didn't care. If the barmaid and 'chef' were working for me - they have a P45 within 24 hours. I will not be back.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank slqq

Westbury, United Kingdom
“poor value for money”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Disappointed with ,view from room, nowhere nice to sit with a drink.Restaurant stark ,breakfast more suited to a budget hotel.

Visited August 2014
“Excellent, friendly, traditional high tea.”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Popped in on our way home to Glasgow after a visit to Burnisland and Aberdour (where we couldn't find anywhere suitable to have dinner) after accidentally spotting the Hotel after getting lost on the outward journey. A clean, friendly place (a few locals we're sitting at the bar having post work drinks, and engaged with our 2 year old, who is a bit vocal, to say the least) with surprisingly excellent food and in a stunning location (it is situated at the base of one of the legs of the Forth Bridge). I had the curry of the day (after finding out that my first choice, the steak pie, had sold out), which is one of the finest homemade curries I've ever had, while my partner had the southern fried chicken, and also commented on how good it was, especially the accompanying salad. All this and great value at £19 for two fantastic meals and two soft drinks. Well worth a visit if your passing. I'll be back, next time I hope they still have some steak pie, if it's anything like the quality of the curry............

“Delicious lunch”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I know both the general manager and the chef from a previous hotel. The lunch we had was very tasty and portions are huge! We both had the fish which is locally sourced. We also had the red velvet cake for dessert and it's truly scrumptious. I was shown around the hotel and the rooms look very comfortable. We're going to book a few days break at the end of September and we can't wait. I'm sure the hotel will go from strength to strength with Michael at the helm.

“Quiet but Friendly”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We came to Deepsea World for the day from Edinburgh. The food was not worth the money, so we went into the town to see if we could find something. We found the Albert Hotel staff very inviting and friendly. The food was lovely and WELL worth the money. Thank you for a lovely lunch and we'll definitely be back.