“Classic fish and chips with a view”

North Shore Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 12 Restaurants in Inverkeithing
Price range: US$13 - US$38
Cuisines: British, Grill, Scottish
Good for: View
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our new in-house restaurant, The North Shore Restaurant offers a unique dining experience with both traditional and international cuisine enhanced by the spectacular setting. From a family gathering for twenty to an intimate dinner for two, the North Shore Restaurant is ideal for all types of occasions. Our menus are created with care by our chefs, using the finest local produce and suppliers. Cuisine ranges from traditional dishes and our chefs signature and speciality dishes, and there is a children's menu available too, our restaurant really is a recipe for success. If you are looking for something a little more private, we have a number of suites that can accommodate from 4 up to 200 guests for a sit down dinner. To find out more about these, see our meeting room page.
Inverkeithing, United Kingdom
“Classic fish and chips with a view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Good views over the water, fish and chips cooked well and not too long a wait. Friendly staff, very accomodating.

• Visited July 2014

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Very Enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

My Partner and I stayed here on a DB&B deal which we got for a bargain price. My expectations weren't very high but I was pleasantly surprised.

For starters, I ordered the Salmon Croquettes which were lovely and exceeded my expectations. I am not a big fish eater but I thought I would try something different and they certainly were up to standard. Next was the Corn Fed, Pan Roasted Chicken which was lovely and cooked perfectly. I ordered the Whiskey Panacotta for dessert. There was a mix up in the kitchen and we ended up waiting about 45 minutes, which didn't really bother my partner and I as we were enjoying the view over the water from our table. The manager came over and explained that he was aware of the delay and gave us a free drink from the bar. We stayed in the bar to have a drink afterwords and there was lipstick on my glass. The bartender was very apologetic and gave me a double for my next drink. All in all, it was an enjoyable dinner and even though I wouldn't rate it 5 stars, I wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Visited April 2014
Louisa C, Sales Manager at North Shore Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent dining experience with us in the North Shore Restaurant. Guest feedback, both positive and negative, is vital in helping us to grow and develop as a team.

I'm pleased that despite a few niggles you enjoyed your meal with us and have passed on your kind comments to the rest of the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the North Shore Restaurant soon.
Inverkeithing
“A positive dining experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I see this restaurant has had mixed reviews but give it a try and judge for yourself. The food is lovely. We have been twice, once on a deal and then we went back at full price (which by the way is really good value for money) Mussels, duck liver parfait and soup to start with, all delicious and well presented. Then the shin of beef, pork belly and the chicken, all delicious, well presented and a lot of thought to the added extras, my husband said the pastry on top of the shin of beef was obviously home made and tasty. The black pudding balls with my pork belly were light with crispy coating, great. The puddings were all gorgeous. Where this place needs attention is in the staff. They were all really polite and friendly but seemed inexperienced and when things went wrong there were no explanations or apologies beyond a giggle! I could hear a lot of carry on from the kitchen too. The restaurant manager sailed through being perfectly friendly and asking how people were enjoying their meals but didn't really wait for a response. My pudding had ice cream instead of sorbet with no explanation given and I felt they were thinking 'it's OK, she won't notice' we will go back though because the staff were well meaning and the food was lovelt

• Visited May 2014
Louisa C, Sales Manager at North Shore Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent dining experience with us - guest feedback really is massively important in indicating the strengths and weakness within our team.

I'm pleased to note that you enjoyed the food provided. We do strive to offer the highest quality local produce we can. I have passed your comments on to the kitchen team.

I note that you highlight staffing issues as one of the negative things about your meal with us. We are now investing in significant staff training and development to improve the customer service that we offer.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the North Shore Restaurant soon.
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
“poor”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Was here for dinner. Waited over an hour in between courses. Gnocci was over cooked, starter was tiny and cold.Did not have starter or dessert my husband wanted , very poor.

• Visited May 2014

I'm sorry that you were so disappointed with your meal and would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you in further detail. Please can you contact me directly at the hotel on 01383 427 208 or alternatively by email at sales@queensferryfifehotel.co.uk
Stirling, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Better than I was expecting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

We arrived here after a lovely day out round the Forth armed with a coupon for a 2 course & a glass of wine per person deal and can honestly say - it was good. The place was quiet about 4pm but we had our choice of seats and naturally we chose to sit near the window, the views out over the Forth were amazing on a lovely day and you could clearly see the old road bridge and the new one taking shape on the surface of the water.

We ordered a starter each and they were lovely, big bowl of mussels served well and I had the wild mushroom. Both were very well produced and served.

Main course was the fillet steak and pork belly, steak was cooked they way I asked for it. No steak knife supplied but did not have any problems slicing through it.
Pork belly was well cooked, creamy mash potatoes and curly kale went down well and the black pudding bonbons were a treat.

All in all we had a very good meal here, the restaurant must be trying to turn things round and it is noticeable. We would definitely come back.

• Visited April 2014
Louisa C, Sales Manager at North Shore Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent dining experience with us. We really appreciate such positive feedback and I have passed your kind comments onto the rest of the team.

I'm pleased that you have noticed the positive changes we are making - the new menu being just one of many. We look forward to welcoming you back to The North Shore Restaurant soon.