“Excellent Homemade Food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Excellent Homemade Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

I visited this pub for lunch for the first time a couple of Sunday's ago with my mum. For starters I had homemade chicken pakora - delicious, fresh and crispy batter and it was 10x better than the greasy Indian takeaways that I'm used to. I then had homemade chicken and leek pie which was also amazing! I would have had seconds if is wasn't so full! My mum had special fish which was in breadcrumbs, it was cooked to perfection, it came with a fresh crisp salad, tasty homemade salad dressing and homemade coleslaw - which was thick and creamy.

The chef (I'm sure his name was Ray, he was Irish) came out during our meal to ask if everything was okay which I thought was nice.

This pub is a little hidden gem for hearty homemade cooking!

I would definitely recommend this pub - not to mention the prices are very cheap considering most things are made from scratch!

Will defiantly return soon,

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank NT74a

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Great food, great price and good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I visited this pub with friends when we walked the Fife Coastal route. At first we weren't very sure what to expect but the barmaid made us feel welcome and the menu had something on it for everyone. I had the homemade mushroom soup and sandwich, it was a lovely bowl of homemade soup and a fresh ham salad sandwich with a small side salad and coleslaw. My friends had chicken curry which again was tasty, spicy and full of flavour and we also had burger and chips again with side salad and trimmings. The coastal walk takes you past this pub and if you are in the area give it a go ....you will not be disappointed.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Fran T
Scotland
“Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

This is a nice place to have something to eat I have been in there a few times and the food is great the steaks are great so is the fish and chips and the macaroni and cheese is really lovely I would also like to say complements to the chef William .. So if you are traveling through Inverkeithing stop and pop into the burgh for a bite to eat the prices are very reasonable to hope you enjoy your meal as the group I was with did

• Visited December 2013