“Total lack of Ammenities”

Boreland Lodge Hotel
Edinburgh
“Total lack of Ammenities”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

Upon our arrival, I asked the person at the desk for brochures about Edinburgh, I was told they didn't have any. Our room was in the basement, too small for two adults to even sleep there without being claustrophobic. The shower stall not only leaked, but was not large enough to accomodate my husband, who is over 6 feet tall. He was unable to wash his feet! The next day we were changed to a "Larger" room, however, it was still not large enough for two adults. "Continental breakfast" was a joke, toast and cereal with instant coffee or tea. They ran out of food items and dishes, and they were not restocked unless it was called to their attention. The dining room floor was covered with food particles, and it was not swept once during our 4 day stay there. When asked for ice, I was told, "give me ten minutes." The ice never appeared. The next day I asked for ice and was told the ice machine was broken. But, ice did appear in a glass about a half hour later. The lodge is near the train station, the staff was pleasant, but, lax in their duties and responsibilities. They did keep our room clean and the dinner menu, while limited, was good. If you are looking for a stress-free vacation, this is not the place to stay. Maps, tour information, etc were not available at the onset.Two days later, we received a brochure after being told they would print some information out for us on the computer (the information never arrived.)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

borelandlodgeht, Owner at Boreland Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for choosing the Boreland Lodge Hotel for your recent visit to Inverkeithing. I also wanted to sincerely thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.! We are taking immediate action to fix these issues for future guests. I would love the chance to resolve any and all concerns expressed in your review.! Please feel free to reach out to me at your convenience at borelandlodgeht@btinternet.com or 01383413792

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Goch, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

I have stayed here several times and every time have seen improvements, the price is still fair, a nice quiet location, a few minutes walk to town and great connections to Edinburgh city and the airport. Great staff, the cooked breakfast is better than a lot of 4 star hotels. It has a cosy bar and I slept in a comfortable, clean new bed. All in all the best place in Inverkeithing in my opinion. I don't understand the negative reveiws, I suggest to those that found the rooms too small to stay in a hotel in the city for three times the price. Me and my friends will definately stay at the boreland lodge again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank mummelgum
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

No complaints to make about my stay in the boreland lodge hotel. Our room was hygienic and well maintained throughout our stay. Staff went above and beyond to ensure we enjoyed our weekend away. Pleasant town and well situated, close to the train station with frequent trains to the nearby towns

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank AbbieGilruth
bucharest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

I was in this Hotel first time in December 2011 and i chose again for the second time.
I will be here for more than four months and i am very satisfied by everything.The staff and the services are excellent,believe me it is not so easy to stay in hotel so long time,they make feel
like home.Thanks to every body.
Dan

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank dan g
scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

Stayed here for TITP, staff would call taxis for us and haggle for us. Rooms are small but spotless, the rest of the hotel is tastefully decorated. I didn't think the breakfast was worth the money and the beds were uncomfortable. Other than that its a perfect place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Peterhead, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

Not what we expected, rooms need a bit of upgrade. Beds not great no headboards but clean. Bathroom clean. Kettle had no plug so no morning tea!! Did not eat there so cannot comment on food. Room was very small and dark at the back of hotel,so quiet. Lighting in bathroom not great and no bedside light. Man at reception very pleasant. Did not see any more staff.

Room Tip: Cannot comment as our room was small and dark.