Upon our arrival, I asked the person at the desk for brochures about Edinburgh, I was told they didn't have any. Our room was in the basement, too small for two adults to even sleep there without being claustrophobic. The shower stall not only leaked, but was not large enough to accomodate my husband, who is over 6 feet tall. He was unable to wash his feet! The next day we were changed to a "Larger" room, however, it was still not large enough for two adults. "Continental breakfast" was a joke, toast and cereal with instant coffee or tea. They ran out of food items and dishes, and they were not restocked unless it was called to their attention. The dining room floor was covered with food particles, and it was not swept once during our 4 day stay there. When asked for ice, I was told, "give me ten minutes." The ice never appeared. The next day I asked for ice and was told the ice machine was broken. But, ice did appear in a glass about a half hour later. The lodge is near the train station, the staff was pleasant, but, lax in their duties and responsibilities. They did keep our room clean and the dinner menu, while limited, was good. If you are looking for a stress-free vacation, this is not the place to stay. Maps, tour information, etc were not available at the onset.Two days later, we received a brochure after being told they would print some information out for us on the computer (the information never arrived.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boreland Lodge has recently had a refurbishment and all rooms have new shower rooms, fully tiled, and new carpets in all the rooms, the furniture has been upgraded and the hotel is a family run hotel. We have free internet in all public areas and also tea and coffee complimentary facilities in all rooms. There are small TVs in all rooms with freeview channels. We are 300 yards from a local train station and journey to Edinburgh is 15-20 minutes, costing about 5 pound return. There is also a shuttle bus to Edinburgh Airport terminal from the train station, which runs every 30 minutes taking about 20 minutes. We are near Roysth and the Forth Road bridge and close to the motorways. Ideal for Ingliston and T in the Park, local events at Knockhill are 15 minutes away. We have rooms 2 family of 5 rooms with conservatories, we also have singles, doubles and twins. We serve a continental breakfast and a cooked Scottish breakfast. We also have a lovely cozy bar area offering lovely food every evening. Come and join us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Boreland Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boreland Hotel Inverkeithing
- Boreland Lodge Hotel Inverkeithing, Fife, Scotland