“Cheap n Cheerful”

Boreland Lodge Hotel
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We booked this hotel for location, price and also because of the good trip advisor reviews. Nice reception and welcome. We had a family room (double bed and single bed) for myself, hubby and 4 year old son. The room was very small but clean. We found the room cold but pulled the bed away from the radiator and tucked the curtains behind which seemed to help. The shower room was freezing though, could see your breath as no heater in there. There was just ONE guy running the entire place, covering reception, bar and cooking meals! He was fantastic. We had a meal in the wee restaurant. Not much choice but the food was lovely and reasonably priced. We did ask for a quiet room but our neighbours had music blaring and singing karaoke. The walls are PAPER thin so called down to reception and to be fair the guy came straight up and asked them to keep the noise down. Beds were comfy and we had a good sleep. Shower was good in the morning but very cold shower room (as no heater). We had to pay for breakfast - £7.50 for English and £3.50 for continental. Again food was very nice. The most impressive thing about this small hotel was definitely the one guy running the whole thing. Good price....we were £90 all in for dinner, B&B with some drinks. can't complain!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jules221974

Reviewed 19 October 2013

stayed here for a couple nights staff couldnt be more helpful. stayed in a family room with 3 kids and was enough space for all 3 and was more than happy with the room, was clean and quiet would go back and stay again no problem

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank John M
borelandlodgeht, Manager at Boreland Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

Thank you for reviewing your stay at our LITTLE place. We appreciate your feedback and are glad to see you found your room to be comfortable and spacious. Thank you for choosing us and look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully soon.!

Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a couple of days.The nearby train station made it easy to get into the city of Edinburgh.Area is quiet,staff are friendly and very helpful.We didn't expect much as it was a good value for the money.I strongly recommend this hotel.Thumbs up to staff and management.

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Aura1980
borelandlodgeht, Owner at Boreland Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

We truly appreciate your business. You are so right, our location is absolutely perfect for visiting Edinburgh.Thank you for the kind words regarding the hotel team, they make it all happen.We hope that we get to see you again soon. Be well.!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I have stayed at the Boreland Lodge Hotel and have never been disappointed.Most of the rooms are basic,but clean and comfortable.The decor is average ,if not a bit outdated but acceptable.That said, the hotel restaurant is good and the staff very helpful and friendly

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank A99390
borelandlodgeht, Manager at Boreland Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay with us.Our hotel team values feedback from our guests, as we believe that all comments the good and the bad give us the opportunity to improve Boreland Lodge Hotel experience for our future guests.Indeed ,our location allows our guests easy access to many area attractions. We hope you will consider returning to our hotel as we would welcome the opportunity to try to earn that extra star from you. Thank you for your review.!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Stayed in hotel last night. The Boreland Lodge Hotel, personally I have stayed in far nicer B&B's and for not much more price!!
Had found it on Late rooms, reasonable price. I then called hotel told be only one twin room left at a higher price. I then looked on their website and found a double room for the lowest price . I booked it online. As said I paid lowest price within 20 mins of checking about. i certainly got cheap value room. This hotel has 30 rooms and it like a Rabbit warren, I stayed in rm25, along through doors along through door downstairs and there......about 15 feet from laundry!
Conti breakfast £3.50, £7.50 for cooked breakfast.........didn't book it. Had to make noise in reception to get staff attention for anything, tv remote and bar, they should really not talk about certain things where guests can hear them!! Oh, wasn't told they had a r3estaurant that I could possibly have an evening meal or anything when I checked in. Something I would've possibly indugled in, only when I met the chef in the bar after 9pm did I realise they did evening meals??? maybe not?
It was a double, it was en suite -only bit could do with a clean was back of tap on sink otherwise it was very clean. TV nice and high, no remote and buttons on top. I am 5'1" !!. Basic, good for workies, It was only a bed to sleep in for me. OK. They found remote for Tv for me.....but only BBC worked :(
Being woken by people running about at 05.13AM was not so good.!!!!!!!
Showered and ready to leave I awaited again about to find staff to check out. Said of my early awakening was told there are part time staff staying there???????????????
and?? sorry but not the answer a guest wants nor does it make me want to go back. I stayed there as family are near. I won't again.
I don't find them professional, warming or would want to make me book again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank angelinurpocket
borelandlodgeht, Manager at Boreland Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review in this site. We regret that your visit did not measure up to your expectations and please accept our sincerest apologies for any noise disruptions you encountered.We encourage all our guests to reach out to us during their stay should any issues arise so that we may address them immediately and create an experience that you have come to expect of us. We wish we had an opportunity to address your concerns while you were here and regret that you departed from our hotel with disappointment. Again, thank you for providing us with this feedback in this forum. We hope to have the opportunity in the future to change your opinion about our hotel.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Very politely greeted upon arrival by young man. Very willing to help me sort a taxi out for next day. Had a single room which was quite small but very clean. Thought tv didn't work but it was socket. Provided me with a hair dryer when asked. All in all very helpful staff. Building bit tatty around edges but you get what you pay for and this was cheapest I could find within walking distance of station.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Janeparren
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The Boreland Lodge in Inverkeithing Scotland is not your typical small hotel. Like the title says; Its a LODGE. Small in size, but big in character. The entire staff of Damien, Anna, Lee and Josesphine really go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable.
Located just a quick train ride from Edinburgh, (the train station is literally a five minute walk.) this joint is surrounded by history and castles are literally everywhere. A few of the Knights Templar are buried around here I'm told. Golf is close by and taxi's or trains can get you there quick. Great parking if your driving.
They have a small dining area and a quaint little lounge to quaff a cold beer that Lee will attempt to pour. A swell chap, with a keen sense of humor and a jack of all trades. All in all I've got to say the Boreland Lodge was one of the best joints to stay when traveling on a bit of a budget. Check them out. We had a great time there, thanks Lee.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JoeBuckTucson
borelandlodgeht, Manager at Boreland Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I appreciate your kind words about our staff... Our LODGE has a great location that is certainly convenient to explore Five and the historic surrounding areas. I am happy that you continuously enjoy your experiences here with us,your review truly reflects our passion for guest service and quality we take great pride in managing the details from a service standpoint. AGAIN, thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon.!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Inverkeithing
The Adamson Hotel
The Roods Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 5 in Inverkeithing
Inglewood Guest House
#2 of 5 in Inverkeithing

Been to Boreland Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!