We booked this hotel for location, price and also because of the good trip advisor reviews. Nice reception and welcome. We had a family room (double bed and single bed) for myself, hubby and 4 year old son. The room was very small but clean. We found the room cold but pulled the bed away from the radiator and tucked the curtains behind which seemed to help. The shower room was freezing though, could see your breath as no heater in there. There was just ONE guy running the entire place, covering reception, bar and cooking meals! He was fantastic. We had a meal in the wee restaurant. Not much choice but the food was lovely and reasonably priced. We did ask for a quiet room but our neighbours had music blaring and singing karaoke. The walls are PAPER thin so called down to reception and to be fair the guy came straight up and asked them to keep the noise down. Beds were comfy and we had a good sleep. Shower was good in the morning but very cold shower room (as no heater). We had to pay for breakfast - £7.50 for English and £3.50 for continental. Again food was very nice. The most impressive thing about this small hotel was definitely the one guy running the whole thing. Good price....we were £90 all in for dinner, B&B with some drinks. can't complain!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boreland Lodge has recently had a refurbishment and all rooms have new shower rooms, fully tiled, and new carpets in all the rooms, the furniture has been upgraded and the hotel is a family run hotel. We have free internet in all public areas and also tea and coffee complimentary facilities in all rooms. There are small TVs in all rooms with freeview channels. We are 300 yards from a local train station and journey to Edinburgh is 15-20 minutes, costing about 5 pound return. There is also a shuttle bus to Edinburgh Airport terminal from the train station, which runs every 30 minutes taking about 20 minutes. We are near Roysth and the Forth Road bridge and close to the motorways. Ideal for Ingliston and T in the Park, local events at Knockhill are 15 minutes away. We have rooms 2 family of 5 rooms with conservatories, we also have singles, doubles and twins. We serve a continental breakfast and a cooked Scottish breakfast. We also have a lovely cozy bar area offering lovely food every evening. Come and join us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Boreland Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boreland Hotel Inverkeithing
- Boreland Lodge Hotel Inverkeithing, Fife, Scotland