“Nice hotel”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Alveston
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Stopped here on business last night and had a very warm welcome. The hotel is very well presented but the single room I had was rather on the small side. The food in the restaurant was good but a touch on the expensive side for what it was. I have a £25 allowance and was able to have a cheaper main course(no starter or dessert) and a small glass of wine for this. I would be happy to stop here again but I reserve 4/5 * reviews for exceptional places, this is nice not exceptional.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Very nicely presented hotel - made to feel very welcome. Made a great change from staying in budget type chains - not much more expensive but a much better experience all round. Dinner is a touch expensive but breakfast is excellent value. Would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Uttoxeter
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We were happy to stay at the hotel were the wedding was taking place but made the assumption that the accommodation and service for overnight guests would be mediocre. How uninformed was I? From the moment we walked throughout the door nothing was too much trouble, in fact union reflection, we didn't test that out as we didn't have to ask,for anything, everything I could have asked for was offered and accommodated.

We ate I the restaurant on the first night of our stay and enjoyed a delightful meal in the hotel restaurant. We really enjoyed the food and service and would like to thank the staff again for their attentive and I obtrusive service.

In these circumstances 'thank you' seems so inappropriate however in this case I can assure anyone reading that I can think of nothing that might I,prove the service and experience of this hotel. I have no doubt that anyone staying at the Alveston will enjoy the experience.

Room Tip: Perhaps a larger bathroom
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Thame, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2013

This well appointed hotel is welcoming and friendly. The staff are attentive and smiling, and seem always ready and willing to assist. The restaurant is crisp and tidy and the menu enticing. I chose the Market Menu at £25 for three courses, each of which were extremely well presented and of a very high standard.
This was a comfortable and enjoyable stay and I would certainly return.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Holbeach, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Stayed for one night over easter weekend. Booked two twin rooms executive style. Our room was large, hot during day, but cold and damp overnight, shower (over bath) had no hook, so had to use as hand held. Wash hand basin had radiator in front of it, so had to put towel on it to stop myself getting burnt (not good). WC Seat loose and bath panel loose and rescrewed for them twice. Bed hard and uncomfortable. On plus side, food good and staff very attentive. Would I stay again, no not at £120 for one room - very disappointed at what I thought was a brilliant place to stay. NOT DISABLED FRIENDLY EITHER DUE TO THE AMOUNT OF STEPS.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Russ G
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2013

The best thing about this hotel is its excellent staff. We had a very warm welcome and from that point on nothing was ever too much trouble and several of our needs were anticipated. We were a family group and tables were set out for us to sit together in the lounge in the afternoon and in the bar in the evening. Every request to every staff member was met with a smile. A very happy and comfortable experience.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Hildrhedge
Launceston, UK
Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

Comfortable hotel in a good location. First night was a bit of a disaster as the heating in my room failed and I was bloody freezing - Luke warm shower too. However problem was fixed quickly so credit for that. Restaurant very nice - good menu but not cheap. Breakfast excellent. Staff very competent so overall I was pleased with my stay.

• Stayed March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alveston
De Vere Tortworth Court
Swan Hotel
Swan Hotel
#4 of 5 in Almondsbury
DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol North

Been to Alveston House Hotel? Share your experiences!