Premier Inn Bristol (Alveston) Hotel
US$108
Thornbury Castle and Tudor Gardens(Thornbury)(Great Value!)
US$301
US$110
US$103
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Bristol Filton Hotel(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$54
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
US$95
All reviewsthe pubcricket groundbalcony overlookingchicken clubchef and brewerholiday campcar parkreception stafffirst floorcomfortable bedpub next doorgood nights sleepa ground floor roomfamily roomnight's sleepcooked breakfastevening meal
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Nice large modern family room and very clean. Only downside was the hard bed. Although we reported this to reception and they told us about the Premier inn guarantee.

Lots of car parking.

Would stay again if visiting family.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We recently stayed for my Mum and Dad's golden wedding anniversary, there were six of us. We had rooms 130 and 135 (me and my sister) with views over the cricket ground and my Mum and Dad were given room 116 (over the other side of the hotel) with views over the car park! Not exactly romantic for them! The rooms were booked together and as far as I am aware they knew it was my Mum and Dads anniversary. My mum couldn't sleep (due to an episode at the Ship Inn where the do was held) and I couldn't sleep much because of the hard bed, my partner slept like a log! I managed to get off to sleep at about midnight and was awaken by a load of screaming women running down the corridor outside our room! I couldn't get to sleep till about 4 I was just reading and walking around the room, then was up for 7. I went to have a shower and noticed that there was a rather unslightly rust mark by the plug hole, it didn't look very pleasant, at first I thought it was something else! Mum and Dad said room 116 needed the bathroom door replacing! The hotel itself doesn't look to good from the outside with scaffolding outside but its not too bad on the inside.

Breakfast was okay, nothing to rave about at £8.25 each, but we had only paid £29.00 for each room so it only worked out at £45.50 per couple.

We may consider staying there again, its just a shame we couldn't bring our dog - he went in the kennels :(

Room Tip: Ask for a view over the cricket ground not the car park!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2014

All as expected of a Premier Inn: free, plentiful parking, tea/coffee facilities, clean and tidy decor, bath and shower with loads of pressure and hot water, restaurant next door, easy to check-in, etc, etc... All in all, 99.99% of all Premier Inns are perfect for a budget stay away and this one is no different.

This particular one was a bit odd: My room was really, really massive! It is clearly an old, 70's chalet that's been renovated. I also got a balcony in the room which was nice.

Restaurant next door was pretty good too: good food and good service.

No monsters hiding under the bed (I checked).

Room Tip: They have rooms that are basically chalets so you could ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 February 2014

all you could want in a overnight stay
had an event to go to at pub next door
it had all we wanted.
we pre booked and paid just £29 per night
rooms were large and good bathroom
right next door to our event

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We just stayed here one night on a trip to the area. The outside appearance is terrible (it looks like some kind of old mental hospital block), but inside was a different matter. The receptionist was a trainee, but she was very competent and welcoming. On arrival in our room we found a large Queen size bed, plenty of space, clean room and bathroom, strong hot shower, tea and coffee supplies etc. The only problem was the cold which was quickly corrected by the receptionist when we reported it to her. We had a good nights sleep. The on line description refers to possible traffic noise as it is close to the A38, but we did not find this to be a problem.When we left we needed some photocopies of documents doing which the receptionist kindly did for us without charge and this was very much appreciated. We paid just £65 for the night. Adjoining the hotel was a restaurant / bar called The Ship. We went there for our evening meal on a Monday night and got a very good deal. We saved £18 off the standard menu price for two 10oz rib eye steaks with chips and a bottle of quality house red wine. We spent the discount on two starters of seared scallops and a dessert of apple and blackberry crumble bringing the total back to £43 which we thought was a very good deal. The food was great and the atmosphere was great even though it was a relatively quiet night. My steak was cooked medium rather than the medium rare I had requested and the onion rings were lukewarm, but these were very minor things. The waitress was exceptionally attentive and we enjoyed our evening there very much.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple