“Nights accommodation”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Alveston
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Nights accommodation”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

An excellent hotel. Very clean and comfortable room. The staff were extremely helpful. We were staying at this hotel as we had a special birthday party at The Ship Inn next door. The hotel was excellent value and the breakfast delicious.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Polish first
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stayed here on 26 February 2014. We were planning to make an early start heading to Yorkshire from south of Bristol and decided on avoiding any problems with roadworks would overnight at Alveston. Perfect position on just off A38, good access to M5 and just outside Thornbury for pubs, restaurants etc and, of course, the Ship Inn next door to the hotel.

Due to family problems we arrived later than expected and received a very warm welcome with all the information we might need for a nights comfortable stay.

Our room was excellent, not huge but more than adequate; the bed was perfect for us, firm but not rock hard; the bathroom was clean with good sized white towels; pillows to spare; overlooking fields (cricket fireld?) and with a balcony which would have been perfect for a stay on a fine summer night.

Overall just what we needed - a good nights sleep to make a pleasant journey the next day.

Room price varies but good value available however breakfast seemed a little OTT and we left early and ate north of Birmingham.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Ryde, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed one night at the Premier Inn Alveston. I was dropped off from a taxi having arrived at Bristol Parkway station. The lack of public transport added a £20 cost to my stay, but the room was a lower end price, and overall, I think the cost of £39 was reasonable.

I struggled with the stairs with three bags, and my room was right at the end of a long walk on the second floor. The room was clean, if a bit faded, and the furniture was adequate for my needs, with a large desk area, where I could work and eat (I have food allergies so have to self-cater when I am away from home) and good hanging space.

The overflow in the hand basin smelled nasty, and parts of the bathroom decor were showing water damage, e.g. the bath panel was coming apart at the bottom edge. The tile grouting was discoloured in places.

The receptionist was friendly and dealt well with my registration (I had pre-booked), and was also on duty when I checked out the next morning. She let me leave my two bags in the back of the reception area in the morning (which was incredibly untidy and very shabby looking!) I joined my colleagues at breakfast, but did not eat there, as there was nothing on the menu that I could have.

I hope the renovations will result in improved facilities and a more up to date look. If I was in the area again for business, I would probably book again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Cinderford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This is a good quality hotel, off the beaten track, but major roads within a couple of miles. Quiet, clean, luxury feel to linen.
Needs a mirror in the bedroom, or more bathroom shelving for a ladies' toiletries.
But overall, very good.
I booked months in advance, could have got a better price if booked later!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

As is normal for a Premier Inn the hotel was excellent so long as you do not want breakfast. Rooms were better than average for the Premier, friendly and helpful staff. However breakfast ended at 9:30 which is ridiculously early and so we had to go elsewhere.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Cirencester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I am very pleased by my one night stay. Finally after a long time, I had a good night sleep, and long, hot shower, and a great day out in Bristol.
The hotel has very big parking places, so no struggling with small spaces. You have only 30 minutes free Wifi, but to be honest this is good, because you can leave your online stuff behind for while. and just relax.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
WEST SUSSEX
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here overnight as friend got married nearby. We have stayed in a Premier once before and prefer them to Travelodge as the bed is always bigger and pillows always better...we were not disappointed...nice size room....with ref to another fairly recent review ....room 116....bathroom door no longer a problem. Staff very friendly in both hotel and adjoining Chef and Brewer The Ship..
Where breakfast served.
Nice breakfast...£8.25 eat as much as you like ....only downside the noise on the Sunday morning....from 9am ...workman were relaying felt roofing.....first nice weather this year and had to keep window shut due to noise....small issue...nice stay

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KAMYE
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alveston
Alveston House Hotel
Days Inn Michaelwood M5
Days Inn Michaelwood M5
#1 of 1 in Lower Wick
Travelodge Bristol Severn View M48

Been to Premier Inn Bristol (Alveston) Hotel? Share your experiences!