“Dissapointing ”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, International, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Had lunch at the wro on a lovely hot day (the old post office wro) very dissapointing ...had to order inside at the bar for our meal and then when I needed extra chips after meal arrived had to go bk to the bar to order again, table service ???? ...chips never came so asked for refund on the chips as we had finished our lunch twenty minutes later ...white van parked directly in front of our table on double yellows to drop off delivery for 15 minutes ...A goats cheese salad ..prawn cocktail and three tiny Bruchettas two regular diet cokes and a shandy came to nearly thirty pound ...West kirby officially out of the recession lol

6  Thank Mattandhiscat
sally b b, Owner at The Wro, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Really sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the service and value. We ordinarily get great comments on both our team and the food offer. Please accept apologies also re the delivery van - all our suppliers are given explicit instructions to deliver before we open - so have addressed this one too!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I like Wro Lounge and have been a regular customer over the years. We got a friendly, warm welcome and service was very good throughout. Just wanted to say that I had the salmon sandwich and, at over £7, I was disappointed to find that it was served on pre-sliced poor quality bread. I wouldn't even mind paying a bit extra for proper bread which the majority of places serve. Decor and ambience is good making it a pleasant place to dine though.

2  Thank Bogel79
sally b b, Owner at The Wro, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for your comments - disappointed that you were disappointed with the choice of bread but take this into account as we work on future menus. Glad you like the place though-hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My family and I had breakfast here on the Saturday of The Open. My husband and daughter had the full English, I had scrambled eggs on toast, her partner had corned beef hash.
All the meals were very nicely presented in lovely surroundings, food was very good, and the staff were attentive.
We will probably return for a meal there soon as we were so impressed.

sally b b, Owner at The Wro, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thanks - glad you enjoyed the experience and for taking the time to let us know .. very much appreciated

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Good drinks good vibe good atmosphere good wro good staff came here after a curry and had a great time

sally b b, Owner at The Wro, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for your comments - great to hear you enjoyed the Wro experience!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Although we enjoyed our meal with the food and service being good we were very disappointed that the menu had been restricted for the duration of the Open Golf Championships and the price dramatically increased. I booked the restaurant 10 days prior and no mention was made of the changes in the price and availability of the normal menu for the date I was booking. The menu advertised on the website at the time of booking seemed perfect so I was embarrassed on arrival to find it limited and the price increased, making it an expensive dining option. As we were a group meeting up we couldn't really leave and start looking elsewhere. As a result we will not return.

7  Thank Lesley61
sally b b, Owner at The Wro, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Very sorry to hear that you were not made aware of the menu that was going to be available during the Open period. From a logistics perspective we had no alternative than to reduce the menu and prices were adjusted to reflect the increased costs over the very busy week. The staff were all fully aware so am I disappointed that you were not informed. Apologies - I do hope you will give the Wro another chance?