“Fantastic coffee shop with the best cakes anywhere!”
Review of Aubergine Cafe

Aubergine Cafe
Ranked #4 of 65 Restaurants in West Kirby
Price range: US$3 - US$22
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Aubergine is a warm and friendly licensed café situated on a quiet pedestrianised side street just off The Crescent, West Kirby. We offer good food with friendly service and excellent prices.
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Aubergine is my favourite coffee shop and is a must to visit if you are in West Kirby. The ambiance is brilliant, busy and warm giving off a really friendly feeling. A mixture of seating means you can have a cosy corner for two on comfy chairs or sit at a bigger table to eat those lovely lunch dishes on offer. Homemade soup is a must. The cakes are made by a local lady and are superb, difficult to choose at times.
The staff are great, helpful and efficient - service with a smile! Highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We were visiting West Kirby and decided to call somewhere for a meal.We have had lovely coffee at the Aubergine in tyhe past so it was our first choice for a meal. You will be met by friendly staff who are always on hand to help. There is a wide variety of choice on the menu,including a range of vegetarian meals. I chose a veggie meal of mushrooms in thyme and garlic sauce on seeded bread with balsamic dressed salad.It was delicious and reasonably priced. My hubby's chicken meal was also of the same high standard and he remarked that the cappacinno was one of the best he had tasted. Aubergine is a small cafe but it is well worth waiting 30 min.and calling back if it is full on your first call.

1  Thank Gaynor N
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Following a tip off from a former local my wife and I called in whilst on a recent holiday in the area. Straight away you could sense the popularity achieved here from the emphasis on quality, service and value for money. Yes there was a wait during a busy Saturday lunchtime but we expected this from the explanation on the Menu. This isn't average fast food! I don't know how you could replicate this operation to a "chain" level but if you could you would be a millionaire!! Well done to a very hard working lady proprietor with a flair for creating an ambience that is obviously so much appreciated not only locally but from a wider reputation. We called in twice on Saturday and they were flat out!

1  Thank RodAllison
Reviewed 27 March 2014

As a regular of this cafe I have never once had a bad experience, I have been coming since it has opened, and have recommended lots of friends and family too.
10/10 - keep it up!

1  Thank elizasmarr
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I often meet friends here for coffee, it has a real 'buzz' - always busy, staff friendly, food good, cakes far too tempting. My favourite place to meet friends in the daytime.

1  Thank Anne Winelover