“Definitely worth a visit”
Review of Astoria Restaurant - CLOSED

Astoria Restaurant
Price range: US$19 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Astoria is a family run business situated in the heart of West Kirby only a few minutes walk from the famous promenade, beach and sailing club.Our stylish décor themed on New York’s Astoria Italian quarter together with our exciting menu including Greek starters and salads, pizzas, hand crafted burgers, fish and steak dishes make us the perfect stop for both casual dining and those extra special evenings. We may be a new restaurant but our 'secret recipe' ribs are fast becoming the talk of the town, why not pop in and see what all the hype is about? It's not just our ribs that are becoming famous either, our freshly prepared pizzas, cooked in our authentic stone pizza oven which is located in the centre of the restaurant have been tipped to be even better than Italy's finest. We are positive you won't be disappointed, they truly are 'bellissimo'! Here at Astoria it's not just an extensive food menu we offer, we boast wines from the vineyard ‘ASTORIA’ situated just outside Venice, complimented with cocktails and mocktails there is a selection of drinks for ever member of the family an aray of drinks sure to impress even the most experienced of drinkers! So whether you are looking to just simply whet your appetite, or have a drink with the girls, or boys, come and enjoy our comfortable, library themed bar area. We pride ourselves on offering first rate service, an eclectic menu with special offers on different days, not to forget our Prix Fixe (early doors) giving an overall dining experience that keeps our customers coming back for more. Whether an old face or a new we hope to see you in Astoria soon! Open everyday
Sydney
“Definitely worth a visit”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Bizarrely, this restaurant was very quiet when most other restaurants in the area were very busy and very noisy. However, we all enjoyed an excellent meal with very good service from friendly staff in an atmosphere much more conducive to an evening of good food and conversation.

Visited July 2014
Astoriawestkirby, Owner at Astoria Restaurant, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
My son will go the extra mile for nice people who support his Astoria
Thank you for your comments, it put a smile on Eddies face

Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Went the extra mile”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I went here for his birthday meal. We found the staff warm and friendly and they made sure that our every need was met. We had a fabulous three course meal with fish entrees and meat mains and lovey desserts. Afterwards, we had drinks in the lounge. When the taxi we ordered failed to arrive, the manager took us back to our bed and breakfast, which was a beautiful re-designed boutique home. All in all a fabulous birthday weekend and a big thank you for the manager and staff of the Astoria.

• Visited July 2014
My son Eddie is a star, he always does the best for his customers
West Kirby, United Kingdom
“never been so ill!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

how can a carbannara make someone this ill? me and my daughter came in last night and within 3 hours threw the whole lot back up! wouldn't mind but we had to send it back twice for dirty plates and cutlery! you seriously need to get your act together, we also over heard at least 2 other tables complaining, sending food back, not a happy customer when am now spending my day off ill! and also no lemonade? what type of place has no lemonade? we have been in before and had better experiences but last night was shocking, Sarah Platt.

• Visited July 2014
5 Thank sarahplatt2014
Your past experiences have been good so you say,
and I can assure you that my family and I eat at Astoria regularly.
After speaking to the staff I do hope your comments do not relate to our chef Clinton Page your ex school pal. seriously Sarah Platt. "someone needs to get their act together" you both cant be ill if you are having different meals ( one of you had pizza ).
Wirral
“Great service”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife & I were looking for a evening out with a meal & a drink, after driving yo Hoylake & walking along the main stretch all restaurants were empty and we wanted a bit of atmosphere so we drove back to West Kirby after walking round all the eateries we settled on Astoria, not full but several tables occupied which gave a pleasing feeling. We were not rushed throughout our visit, we were made welcome and service was top class, we ordered a starter to share, it was excellently served & tasted lovely. My main was excellent, my wife's slightly over cooked to her liking but nothing that spoiled our experience, if you haven't been it is well worth a try, not over priced but it's not your 2 for £10 at local pubs either. We fully enjoyed our visit & will certainly consider going back.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank anthonycleo
its always a pleasure to cater the nice people
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We have eaten here a couple of times and the food is excellent! I highly recommend this restaurant and in my opinion one of the best in West Kirby. LYNNE B

• Visited June 2014
Astoriawestkirby, Owner at Astoria Restaurant, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for your wonderful opinion to which I concur