“Lunchtime Date with Old Friends”
Review of Scog's - CLOSED

Scog's
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Haven't eaten here in a long while, so thought we'd give it a whirl when meeting an old friend. Ate from the offers menu, offering two small plates with a glass of wine for £10. Good value. We ordered few extras for nibbles and we had a child with us, so also chose from children's section too. Child's food bit pricey, especially as our little guest was only two! Would definitely come here again. Nice venue. Pleasant staff.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Much impressed with the choice on the menu now, we tried about 15 different dishes and the braised ox cheek stood out.
Good service and nice quiet setting for a good meal with friends

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Went on a Saturday afternoon for a late lunch and a drink since we had never been. I'm unsure what establishment one of the reviewers below is referring to but I simply do not recognise it being greasy, smelly or otherwise in there. Maybe they were in Koi next door, where it certainly does fit that description!! We only wanted a little nibble with the drinks so we had some Sui Mai, some langoustine tails and a bowl of gnocchi. All excellently presented and very tasty. All washed down with a nice Belgian fruity beer. Didn't find it overly pricey but I guess for some it may be. The service was very pleasant by some girls. Interior looks fresh and open. Recommended, will be back.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I was going to wait to write this review but after smelling my clothes and realising I stank of grease after visiting this restaurant for lunch, I decided to write whilst the experience was fresh in my mind! We visited Scogs for lunch and after hearing about the new refit & menu I was excited to try as I'd been a few years back and enjoyed it. It has changed a great deal. The food is of extremely poor quality, we paid £3 for some half frozen cheap chips which were practically inedible. There was barely any meat in my steak sandwich and what was there was fatty. The drinks weren't much better either, the coke could not have been branded coca-cola, it tasted more like Tesco Value Cola. Over all I found the experience very disappointing. The staff are friendly, but that doesn't compensate for poor quality food served at extortionate prices. There are so many good quality restaurants in West Kirby, I wouldn't bother with Scogs again - I'd rather go to The Wro!

1  Thank Elizabeth H
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We had breakfast here today on Sunday morning, 6 of us with children. We used to love coming here but not been for a while, since then they have changed the menu for the worst. Breakfast it seems doesnt come with beans you have to ask for side order of them. ordered an coffee the cup was not much bigger than an espresso cup. Drinks are pricey at £2 for a lemonade thats a small glass, food was nice enough, but poached eggs where over cooked bacon and sausages where fatty and greasy. Service was slow too, wont be returning in a hurry...

1  Thank keren77