“Location, location”

Bridge Inn
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“Location, location”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Right in the heart of a beautiful part of Port Sunlight and a couple of minutes walking from Unilever Research Center, the Bridge Inn is all about location, location. There is a pub that hosts many evening events (psychic readers is one of them), the food is standard, the guest are locals. The staff gets up early to make you a full breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Being from the Wirral myself I wanted to treat my husband to a stay here for a few days. We arrived early and they kindly made us both a cup of tea and prepared our room quicker than usual so that we could check in. The room was cosy, clean and quiet. I was pleased to see an iron and board in the room so no need to phone reception for one. There was a fan which we needed as it was so hot all night..the heating was on in the whole hotel and even though we turned off the radiator in the room we could not turn off the bathtowel radiator in the bathroom and no air could circulate. It was cooler the other nights. Lots of tea and coffee. The bed was so comfortable and we slept really well. The shower hose was a bit worn and in need of replacing. We ate in the restaurant the first night and I was not impressed with the food..but it was reasonably priced. The village is beautiful and being near the train station was handy. The best thing about this place is the staff, the cleanliness and the big comfy bed. I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2013

After visiting the beautiful village of Port Sunlight, we thought we would finish off with a nice meal. The Bridge Inn looks impressive and the menu looked good too but our impressions were wrong.

After placing and paying for our order, the server placed a meal in front of me. I immediately said it was not what I had ordered and she replied “Oh, we are out of that”. I suggested she should have consulted with me and I would have made my own decision on something else. Oh dear, I said the wrong thing. She turned her back and walked away without a word. I didn’t want to make a fuss and spoil our day so just waited and waited, and waited from the cutlery to arrive. Eventually, I had to seek out someone to get some for us.

Then I noticed the bread that was served was curled up at the edges. It was either past its sell by date or had been left lying out in a warm kitchen. We had a bit of a giggle when I managed to pink a tune by tapping the hard bread with the prongs of the fork. This bread was only fit for the duck pond of bin.

The chips were so dry, they stuck in your throat, no matter how much soft drink I took. Maybe they had the same treatment as the bread.

We gave this establishment the opportunity of putting a wrong wright but didn’t like it. My memories of Port Sunlight will be of the awful meal and customer service we experienced.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KieranG

Travellers are raving about these Port Sunlight hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 26 May 2013

The good: Extremely good value, the price was definitely right. The staff were friendly and attentive The breakfast was good and substantial. The location is truly excellent with easy access to the village of Port Sunlight (you are right in it), and also the Unilever facilities.

The not so good: Fish and chips with mushy peas for dinner were just OK, and I had the misfortune of staying here during a bachelorette party or something. So sleep was a bit difficult. If I had been younger, maybe i would have found it more interesting. The room i was in was also a bit drafty..

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Lovely big room which was clean and tidy with everything you would need for a night two. It was nice to have a fan in the room so we didn't have to go asking for one.
The breakfast wasn't the best I've had but nice enough and set me up for the day.
Staff were generally friendly and helpful, especially the cleaner who helped us get the pushchair downstairs (thank you)!
Overall a good stay for a good price..... Just a shame about the 'ghost' banging on doors and shouting during the night!!

• Stayed May 2013
GoodNightInns, Guest Relations Manager at Bridge Inn, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Dear Zbawden,

Thanks for your review, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the room was able to accomadate your needs.

Thanks
Good Night Inns
durham
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The Bridge Inn is located in the lovely 'model village' of Port Sunlight. It's a nice place to spend a couple of days even if you don't leave the village. It has its own railway station, giving easy access to Liverpool, Chester and North Wales.
The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. The decor is little 'tired' in places but nothing too bad.
The staff are great - so friendly and helpful, especially the young lady who was serving in the bar on our first night (two real ales for those who like it!) and was then serving breakfast early next morning.
The breakfast was really tasty. I had the full English but there were lots of healthy alternatives.
All in all, good value for the price we paid.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2013

We stayed here very recently and thought the place had a lot of old charm and character and also liked the idea that the pub was haunted!

The meal we had I thought was nice and the room was quite adequate for the money. Unfortunatlely, we had a bad night's sleep, due to noisy neighbours in the next room, but obviously not the management's fault and as a goodwill gesture, they did throw in a free breakfast for us the next day.

The staff here are very friendly and you do feel welcome here and so if you want to book a room for a night in the area, this place would be worth considering.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
GoodNightInns, Guest Relations Manager at Bridge Inn, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Dear Christian G,

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you found the hotel and pub had charm and charater.

We have passed your feedback to our management team so they may be shared with the staff.

Many Thanks
Premier Inn Wirral (Heswall) Hotel
Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa
Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Thornton Hough

Been to Bridge Inn? Share your experiences!