“Enjoyable.”

Travelodge Wallasey New Brighton
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Wallasey
Reviewed 30 June 2014

2 night stay for family reunion. Room was basic but clean. My bathroom bin hadn't been emptied. When I arrived. But I wouldn't let that put me off staff where. Excellent. In helping us. Around and providing. Us with anything we requested. Eg irons hair dryer. Location was good. Within walking distance to trains. Buses etc and. There was a lot. Of amenities and restaurants around

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Carol H

Reviewed 30 June 2014

had such a great stay in January that we came back again when visiting relatives. We were not disappointed. Still exceptionally clean and we were able to take our 2 dogs. Hard working staff who were always cheerful and obliging. Dogs loved the beach and we loved the location. Will definitely use again. Well done Travelodge

1  Thank Karen M
Reviewed 24 June 2014

a group of 8 of us stayed here while working away in Birkenhead the rooms was spotless staff was attentive kind of .....however been booked in for 5 days I would of expected some form of cleaning to go on despite major refurb work going on ...how wrong was we had to ask for towels coffee clean cups and the carpet was never hovered neither however I would definatley recommend going to this hotel just for location as there is loads to do nearby and plenty of places to eat

Room Tip: I was in room 232 which was directly infront of chimichangers overlooking the sea however my friend...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My mum and I recently visited for a few days after a recent bereavement. We didn't want to go too far so this was ideal for us. We absolutely loved the position of the hotel as it was so handy for the restaurants, shops and promenade. The lovely weather made it a really enjoyable trip. The hotel has recently been refurbished and it was really good value for money. The staff were helpful and friendly and check in was very speedy. It was very handy having bus stops just a couple of minutes round the corner, we went to Liscard where there is quite a good little shopping centre. We had a lovely meal at the Sea Horse 2 doors away which was only £8.50 for 2 meals and gorgeous ice cream milk shakes at the Cafe Creme just around the corner. Morrisons which is just around the corner also do great value meals, we had fish and chips for 2 with a drink for £9. It's a good idea to keep your key card away from your mobile phone as it seems to wipe it. I had to get the card reprogrammed twice, not sure what would happen if there was no one on the reception to do this for you.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2014

we have stayed at this Travelodge several times as it is close to where our friends live, its probably the cleanest Travelodge I have ever stayed in and the staff are great, New Brighton sea front is gorgeous with a good selection of bars and restaurants, rooms are very hot in the summer but perfect in the winter, some sort of air conditioning would be great, 20 mins by train and you are in the centre of Liverpool so great for getting out and about, the only fault I have this time was the price, £86 for one night was a bit steep, in the past we have only paid £50 - £60 but not really much we can do about that...but a better deal is always preferred !

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel in in a very good position near the sea and close to many restaurants, but it was the hottest hotel room I have ever (tried to) sleep in. It desperately needs air-con however, after asking three different members of staff, I was finally offered a fan, which provided some relief.

1  Thank 789GrahamD
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights. The hotel is convenient to my work and has free parking so that is a bonus. What is not a bonus is the uncontrollable heat in the building with absolutely no means of ventilation. The rooms are like ovens, the windows open all of 4 inches to ventilate the room and there is no form of air conditioning. I was with a group of more than 15 business colleagues staying and some of them simply checked out because they could not bare the heat. The hotel needs to provide fans in all rooms for the hotter months or prepare to lose business. I will not stay there again during the summer, it is simply unbearable! It didn't help that I was there on the night of the opening of the world cup and had to endure a bunch of thugs staying who later trashed many of the rooms in the hotel. Insult to injury!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wallasey
The Grove House Hotel and Restaurant
#1 of 3 in Bromborough
Albion Guest House
Albion Guest House
#3 of 5 in New Brighton

Been to Travelodge Wallasey New Brighton? Share your experiences!