“good, if only opening times were set!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Wirral
“good, if only opening times were set!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

I love the food from Sukhothai, it's quite authentic tasting and doesn't swim in grease. The massaman curry is lovely, large chunks of sweet potato! The tom yam soup is really flavoursome. Money bags are tasty too & the sweet chili sauce they provide is the nicest I've ever tasted! The only let down is that it seems to close for weeks at a time, opens later than it states or randomly is closed. So I usually forget about it as a take away option as never expect it to be open.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lewnie-trips

Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fab Takeaway Thai!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

We regularly go to Sukothai as we've never had a bad meal - its always fresh and tasty and completely different to anything else in Wallasey. Love it!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank ToneBob
Wallasey, United Kingdom
“Worst I have had !!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

I went to this place on New Years Eve after I had seen some of the reviews a few weeks earlier.
All I can say is I was given the worst take-away food I have ever had.
The Thai lady who served us said that she was not going to open this day but she had a party to do or something, maybe this was the reason for serving me and my wife with 2 meals of mainly sliced carrots.

I had sweet and sour chicken and have never had such a sickly sweet, salty mess. My wife had a prawn based meal which had 5 prawns in it and was salty as h**l

I HONESTLY WOULD ADVISE PEOPLE TO SAVE THEIR MONEY AND NOT BOTHER

I never usally leave reviews, but if I had not been so tired I would have returned this and asked for a refund.

Still can,t believe the reviews I see here

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Wirral
“Very good take away food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

The food was very fresh and tasted authentic. It's great that they don't hold back on the chilli, as Thai food simply doesn't work without it!

Restaurant-style food at take away prices.

Only negatives were the Pad Thai, which didn't really taste or look like Pad Thai, and the curries had too much coconut milk in (in my opinion).

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank NTan_12
liverpool
“great thai - such high quality food , not junk takeaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013

great - not like the usual chinese slop in a box ! this isnt all nasty jelly glupy sauce like on lots of chinese food , this is really fresh well made thai food . ok it might be £1 a meal more than the takeaway rubbish in chippys , but the difference in food quality is worlds apart ..... its class !! its not full of grease either . the people who run it explain the meals well , and the menu has so many exciting things . clean open kitchens , and they deliver .its in wallasey by the estate agents row and 1 minute to tunnel pay entrance in wallasey . mmmmmm ;)

• Visited December 2012