“Wedding reception spoilt by landlady” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Albany Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Heywood
The Albany Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Heywood B&B and Inns
england
“Wedding reception spoilt by landlady”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Terrible customer service from the landlady who seemed to be intoxicated. Myself and my family were at a friends wedding reception and near the end of the night the landlady was swearing at the Dj for going slightly over his time . I went over to speak and said how inappropriate it was to be shouting especially in the presence of young children and that no one wanted any arguments on what should of been a memorable night for good reasons not bad. The landlady was not interested and showed no respect for anyone and continued to go into the next room leaving paying guests frustrated at her bad attitude. As I was leaving herself and a member of staff continued to stare as I was passing and we exchanged words. As I spoke I explained that she should not of spoke the way she had as that is not how you manage an establishment and guests. I was also quite shocked at the poor buffet arrangement , it was poor quality and the bride and groom felt they had to apologise for the lack of food !! Apparently desserts were also missing . This landlady showed no regard to anyone and needs to learn how to speak to customers not in the manner she did. Will not be visiting again .

Stayed August 2014
8 Thank Paulajayne_10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Unfortunately this is the second review I have written so my real feelings obviously won't be published!!!! We had a wonderful evening for a family wedding which came to a terrible end with the worst display of customer service I have ever seen. The land lady who was very drunk started to verbally abuse the customers and DJ, using foul language in front of small children. As much as people tried to reason with her, she just continued to shout and swear. All this was down to one last record. A 'slowy' to end the night for the bride and groom. Nothing at all that warranted this disgusting display. To make matters worse, one of her entourage (which I believe to be the land lord) went marching over to the DJ in a menacing manner. In an attempt to calm things the bride tried to talk to him and her grabbed hold of her to move her out of the way and carried on with his mission. (All DJ's please be aware that your equipment is at risk as he felt it acceptable to switch it all off at the mains)
For a wedding reception to be completely ruined in this way is nothing less than criminal and memories the bride and groom will certainly not treasure.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank liz187069

Travellers are raving about these Heywood hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

The buffet was crap. Lifted the tin foil off the cooked onions to find fruit flies. The land lady was rude aragant n under the influence of alcohol never again as they ruined the wedding. Bar staff was rude no customer service.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Nichola P
Rochdale, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

They spoilt my friends wedding, they were supposed to have catered for 50 guests. Catered for about 20, which was just as well because it was only fit for the bin. And the desserts that were paid for were non existent. The fruit flies which there were plenty had a wonderfull time. All in all a waste of food and money avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Kim111136
Pontefract, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Had an awful experience last night, would not wish it upon anyone! Went to my mums wedding function which was going well until around midnight when the 'landlady' came in (intoxicated) swearing at the DJ in-front of my children, very poor customer service and very impolite to say the least. Today we released that the buffet provided by 'The Albany Hotel' was not up to the standard as was set out in the menus provided on booking, they missed the deserts and was very overpriced for the quantity provided. I am absolutely disgusted.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
8 Thank Peter B
Northampton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed here as I was attending a wedding reception downstairs.

Booked over the phone and confirmed some details by email.

Received a warm welcome on the day and was shown to my room and the vagaries of the TV and back door were explained.

Decent sized room with hospitality tray and TV with many channels. Small "bath"room with shower was functional

Bed comfortable enough and slept well.

I had been asked when I wanted breakfast when I arrived.

It was freshly cooked for me when I went down and was just the job.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
3 Thank BasilsTravels
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

A huge thank you to Paula and Wayne for putting on a fantastic wedding reception for us. Also a huge thanks to the lady chef (sorry I don't know her name)... the food was second to none and all our guests commented on how good it was (at a very reasonable price).

The room was made up perfectly with some of our own decorations but also some additional extra touches from Paula which finished it off nicely.

As we got married abroad it was a lovely touch to be able to play our photographs on the big screens and let our guests share our special day.

Definitely recommended to anyone looking for a fantastic function room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Location
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Heywood
Birch Hotel
Red Hall Hotel
Red Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Walmersley
BEST WESTERN Broadfield Park Hotel

Been to The Albany Hotel? Share your experiences!