“Great Italian restaurant and so close to our home”
Review of Il Vecchio

Il Vecchio
Ranked #6 of 40 Restaurants in Heywood
Price range: US$7 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Went there for the first time on 24th March for my wife's birthday. We were pleasantly surprised it was quite busy for a Monday as we hate empty restaurants.
Had a lovely meal and the service was really good.
Only one adverse comment and that is there was no desserts or even coffee on the menu! Never been to an Italian restaurant before without finishing off with a Tiramasu and a lovely coffee. Pity otherwise would have given it 5 stars.

1  Thank Gadomski

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

I have been here twice now and each time has been amazing! Staff are so friendly but the food is absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to go again

Reviewed 7 February 2014

A friend of mine recommended Il Vecchio so I went for a meal with the family for my 23rd birthday. The restaurant was quite busy however we got seen to quickly the staff were very friendly. We all enjoyed our food it was very tasty! I would recommend this place to everyone.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Was invited to this restaurant to celebrate a new arrival within the family and had a lovely evening.

My husband and I, along with my two young children were welcomed by staff as soon as we arrived, shown to our table to meet with other guests and drinks orders were taken whilst we got comfy. One if the waiters even had a little game of 'peepo' with my youngest child which was lovely and made me feel more relaxed as gave me a good indication that this is a family orientated restaurant!

For starters we had bruschetta - YUM!

For main we had lamb with seasonal veg and potatoes. My husband isn't particularly a lamb fan but he certainly didn't have any complaints here - the lamb was lovely and tender.

All in all, a lovely place that I'm glad I've been introduced to.

Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Myself and some friends decided to come for dinner after work on Monday and was pleasantly surprised how many people were there. This is about my 4th/5th visit here and again I'm really impressed. The service is next to none and I thoroughly enjoy the food everytime. I actually asked the waiter if I could have something that wasn't on the menu. I fancied something with pesto. The dish delivered was divine. I was served a creamy pesto pasta dish with mussels, prawns and scallops. Delightful. This truly has become my favourite place to dine. You must try. ..its a fantastic gem!