“Great venue, lacks atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Il Vecchio

Il Vecchio
Ranked #5 of 33 Restaurants in Heywood
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Heywood, United Kingdom
“Great venue, lacks atmosphere”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

The food is really good, portions a little on the small side. But great if you don't have a huge appetite but like three courses, so perfect for me. Been quite a few times and find it lacks a bit of atmosphere. Perhaps you need to go with a few friends rather than a couple.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank DebsH64

Manchester, England
“Great Italian restaurant and so close to our home”
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Went there for the first time on 24th March for my wife's birthday. We were pleasantly surprised it was quite busy for a Monday as we hate empty restaurants.
Had a lovely meal and the service was really good.
Only one adverse comment and that is there was no desserts or even coffee on the menu! Never been to an Italian restaurant before without finishing off with a Tiramasu and a lovely coffee. Pity otherwise would have given it 5 stars.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Gadomski
“Gorgeous”
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

I have been here twice now and each time has been amazing! Staff are so friendly but the food is absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to go again

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Best place to eat with great atmosphere!”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

A friend of mine recommended Il Vecchio so I went for a meal with the family for my 23rd birthday. The restaurant was quite busy however we got seen to quickly the staff were very friendly. We all enjoyed our food it was very tasty! I would recommend this place to everyone.

• Visited February 2014
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
“Nicest Bruschetta I've ever tasted.”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Was invited to this restaurant to celebrate a new arrival within the family and had a lovely evening.

My husband and I, along with my two young children were welcomed by staff as soon as we arrived, shown to our table to meet with other guests and drinks orders were taken whilst we got comfy. One if the waiters even had a little game of 'peepo' with my youngest child which was lovely and made me feel more relaxed as gave me a good indication that this is a family orientated restaurant!

For starters we had bruschetta - YUM!

For main we had lamb with seasonal veg and potatoes. My husband isn't particularly a lamb fan but he certainly didn't have any complaints here - the lamb was lovely and tender.

All in all, a lovely place that I'm glad I've been introduced to.

• Visited December 2013