This a beautifully situated hotel boasting excellent accommodation & a luxurious spa. Finding one's way around, however, is not without difficulty. There are numerous corridors - rather spooky at night when the lights are dimmed, and the key cards can be a problem to operate. One of my group - an elderly frail lady with walking stick & luggage - was given only verbal guidance when she checked in, rather than help to her room, which involved a long walk, a lift, doors to push open (difficult with a case & stick,) & finally a key card which she was unable to use. When finally entering her room, she was unable to switch on the lights, as the key card was needed again for this to make them work. Unfortunately she checked in at a busy time - Saturday morning, but this initial impression meant that she recived a bad impression of the hotel from the outset.I checked in at a quieter time, & was offered help which I refused, & once managing my key card, had no other difficulties at all. (I could switch on my lights without using my card)
I was one of a large group, & catering for us did seem to present difficulties for the hotel - but all staff worked extremely hard, & did their utmost to provide us with a happy weekend, which I feel in the end suceeded. One real complaint I have, however, is that the air conditioning was far too fierce, & I was often very cold!! (In July) The meeting room we used was very cold & therefore uncomfortable. I had one blanket on the bed which was not sufficient with the temperature (there was nothing to alter this in the room) - & if I used the heavy ornate bedcover, I felt squashed!! I had, therefore, to be cold or crushed!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the outskirts of Winchester, Norton Park is a sumptuous four star hotel blending beautiful contemporary chic with historical elegance all set within 54 acres of peaceful grounds. No matter what your reason for visiting, on business, a family trip or a spa break, the hotel has all the facilities to surpass your expectations. For those visiting on business, be it for a board meeting, a residential conference, training seminar or annual dinner the state-of-the-art facilities are exceptional. Norton Park offers 16 conference and meeting rooms for up to 340 delegates within the main hotel, the Manor House and for something a little different the 17th century Tythe Barn. On the doorstep to all that Hampshire has to offer including historic Winchester with its magnificent cathedral and the coastal cities of Southampton and Portsmouth, Norton Park is an ideal base for a leisure break with family and friends. The hotel has 166 modern bedrooms, a large leisure complex and spa, a great restaurant and beautiful landscaped gardens to stroll around. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Norton Park - A QHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Norton Park - a q Hotel Sutton Scotney
- Norton Park a Qhotel Winchester
- Norton Park - A QHotel Sutton Scotney, Hampshire