Booked this hotel as wanted to get away for the weekend with husband and daughter before Xmas and also was husband's birthday in December.
Lovely hotel on arrival. Chap on reception checked us in right away - we were early. Excellent service on checking in. We had a quick look at our room, which was a little walk from reception but not far room 177. People on here have moaned about the walk ways between parts of the hotel - but nothing major at all - does not take long. If you wanted a room nearer reception, especially elderly, disabled guests I am sure reception would book you into a room without the walk. I did not mind walking through the glass walkway - some people have moaned on here that they are cold - you are in them for a minute or so - they are only short. Nice to get a bit of fresh air. Don't let this put you of booking or staying at this hotel.
Lovely room, large and clean with everything you need. We then went back to the bar and ordered bar food and drinks, excellent service (Ellie serving at the bar), food arrived quick, hot and enough, good quality food. Not to expensive for 4* bar food.
Went back to car and moved it nearer the the room we were staying in - spent an hour or so in the spa. Times were a bit of a pain if you had children with you - maybe these need to be looked at if you have 'older' children. I agree that I would not want to pay for a spa day and have younger kids jumping, splashing around and the noise in the pool, floats and rubber rings etc., However, if people have older children that are quite happy to chill out around the pool and go for a little dip/swim then maybe they could use it during the day as long as spa is not busy. We used it during the day for an hour, there were two people using it for spa day, but my daughter (age 14) is happy to chill out in a spa and was happy just relaxing as well. The only negitive thing about the spa are the showers in the ladies changing room, there are 3 showers, 1 was fully working, the other one in the middle the water was coming out from the broken hose more then the shower head and I could not use it, the third which is at the end in the corner the light was broken/not working so you could not see once in there. The steam room was not working due to maintance and it could really have done with a jacuzzi - which I have been told that they are looking into. It would be good is this goes ahead. Wanted to use the steam room but understand that maintance needs doing and within a hotel it is difficult as people are in and out 24/7 365 days a year. Sometimes things just happen are are even out of the hotels control - people have moaned that this was not working on here also but I am sure that hotel did everything possible to have it back up and running asap. I know its a pain but these things happen.
Popped into Winchester later in the afternoon for the Christmas Markets, came back to the hotel about 5pm ish and ate again in the bar around 7pm ish. We were going to eat out, but we were wet and cold from shopping. Again food in the bar area was excellent, service was the best (girl called Kelly), lots to choose from the kids menu and great prices as well. My daughter cleared her plate - she really liked the food and she can be fussy at times.
Room I found to hot in heat - but that is my preference and everyone is different.
Breakfast was good and the staff were lovely.
Checkout was by the same guy that checked us in the day before. He had all our paper work ready for us and knew our name - which was a lovely touch. I would definitly stay again, had a lovely time, staff were excellent - lovely people to have working for you. My daughter thought so to as Kelly was happy to chat with my daughter about One Direction!!! Thank you Kelly for an enjoyable evening in the bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the outskirts of Winchester, Norton Park is a sumptuous four star hotel blending beautiful contemporary chic with historical elegance all set within 54 acres of peaceful grounds. No matter what your reason for visiting, on business, a family trip or a spa break, the hotel has all the facilities to surpass your expectations. For those visiting on business, be it for a board meeting, a residential conference, training seminar or annual dinner the state-of-the-art facilities are exceptional. Norton Park offers 16 conference and meeting rooms for up to 340 delegates within the main hotel, the Manor House and for something a little different the 17th century Tythe Barn. On the doorstep to all that Hampshire has to offer including historic Winchester with its magnificent cathedral and the coastal cities of Southampton and Portsmouth, Norton Park is an ideal base for a leisure break with family and friends. The hotel has 166 modern bedrooms, a large leisure complex and spa, a great restaurant and beautiful landscaped gardens to stroll around. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Lastminute, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, LateRooms, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Norton Park - A QHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Norton Park - a q Hotel Sutton Scotney
- Norton Park a Qhotel Winchester
- Norton Park - A QHotel Sutton Scotney, Hampshire