“Would stay again.”

Norton Park - A QHotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sutton Scotney
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Stayed here for the weekend with my partner.

Very friendly staff, and a good room to enjoy.

Not sure on the bed, I didn't sleep exceptionally but not sure if that was down to me or the bed! Gym facilities were also a bit poor but the pool was great! (As was the sauna and steam room).

Breakfast was good, but I recommend trying to get there early!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rory B
Tom186284, General Manager at Norton Park - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Norton Park. I am glad that you both enjoyed your stay and made full use of the spa facilities. We do have Qstar rooms that have a comfort layer added onto the bed to make it softer which may be more to your liking. I would recommend this on a future stay with us; it would be great to see you back soon.

Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on business after every hotel in Bracknell was full. But of a hike from Bracknell but very grateful to my friend for recommending it.

Post code is accurate for satnav and you drive down a very long driveway before arriving at a modern looking hotel. All areas of the hotel were lovely and the staff were very welcoming. Seems slightly strange that the rooms are in a separate block accessed via a walkway and there seemed a lot of stairs to get anywhere.

The room was modern with nice fixtures and my only complaint was there were only two pillows both of which were wafer thin. All other hotels I stay in on business have upped their game on pillows - there is nothing worse than waking up with a sore neck.

I had room service for dinner which arrived quickly and was very nice and the breakfast was great and they made me porridge on request.

The complimentary gym and pool were excellent and I would return if only because I know I can use those facilities again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Norton Park. I am glad that your friend recommended us to you and delighted you enjoyed yourself. Do let us know on your next visit that you would like some extra pillows and the housekeeping team will be happy to organise this for you. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

From the moment we arrived the staff were welcoming,friendly & helpful. I am a part time wheelchair user & the hotel facilities were very disabled friendly. Well equipped Disablility room. The food throughout our stay was excellent & the staff in the restaurant were very attentive. The spa staff were very helpful. Other spas I have been to refuse to do massages on me as soon as I tell them my medical issues. Here they sat with me & went through my answers on the registration form then promised me they would allocate an experienced therapist. When I arrived for my treatments the therapist, Olga, discussed how she could adapt the package I had chosen to suit my needs. I felt that they had made every effort to make my experience as good as my friends were having & rather than excluding me, they worked around my disability. One small negative is that the doors to the treatment rooms were not really suitable for a wheelchair to access. It was a bit of a challenge to get through them. Maybe they could consider having one room adapted to be easier to access. I would like it thank all the staff on duty Friday17th- Saturday 18th January for making my friends Hen Spa Break a memorable experience for us all. Will definitely be returning.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Norton Park. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the hen spa weekend with your friends and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your kind words which I have passed onto the team and I am glad you enjoyed the treatments and dining experience. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel for three nights on a special 'deal'. The hotel is in lovely surroundings and very smart inside. The bedrooms are very good and it has a pleasant swimming pool and spa. The staff were friendly and helpful. Do take a look in the lovely old Hampshire Barn in the grounds if you can, it is beautiful. The only disappointment was the breakfast - well below the standard expected of a four star hotel. On our first morning I asked for porridge and what I got was a small portion of the instant variety which was only luke-warm and uncooked. How can a smart hotel get porridge wrong? In addition we were short of cups, milk and cutlery. The selection of breads, fruit and yogurt was less than expected. No menu was provided for the hot food. The cooked breakfast was fairly tasteless and we have had much better in guest houses! We felt that the breakfast was so below standard that it put us off eating in the hotel at dinner time and we went to other restaurants instead! (There are many pubs and restaurants within a 10 mile radius.)
In addition there were hairs in the bath when we arrived - cleaning not entirely adequate!

Room Tip: The standard rooms are fine. Suites are available as are superior rooms in the lovely old Manor Hous...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Norton Park and I am glad that you found the staff friendly and helpful. I apologise for your poor experience at breakfast during your stay that was not to the normal high Q hotels standard. I have recently appointed a new restaurant manager and his first priority is to improve the service levels at breakfast. The Head Chef will be overseeing breakfast daily until the quality of food we offer matches the rest of the high standards we offer at Norton Park.
May I apologise again and assure you that on a future stay you will be completely satisfied with all aspects of your stay including breakfast.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We were due to stay at the hotel on the 27th and 28th December, but the hotel was suffering with power cuts. I therefore cannot comment on the hotel but only on the good service sorting the matter out. We were phoned the day before to advise of the possible problem and requested to phone on the day of travel before leaving home. we telephoned before leaving and were told that they could't make a decision before 12. We asked about a transfer and gave receptionist a list of 4 alternative hotels. They came back to us wutin 5 minute to advise that the whole booking had been transferred to the Oxford Belfry. i found both people that ispoke to on reception very polite and helpful.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank langhos

Thank you for writing a review. I do apologise that your travel plans changed due to our power problems however I am delighted to read a great review of the team and I do hope you enjoyed the Oxford Belfry. It would be great to welcome you to Norton Park soon.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I Spent two nights here for New Years and had an excellent stay. We had a room in the manor house which is next to the main hotel, it was a lovely big room and so quiet we could almost have been the only ones there. Luckily it didn't rain on new years eve because you have to walk outside to get to the hotel but I should think it would be lovely in the summer. We had a view of the lake and grounds which are vast. The staff here all seem to be very young but couldn't be nicer or more helpful, they really do go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. The spa was very nice with pool, Steam room, sauna and relaxation room but lacks a Jacuzzi.
the only thing I could say negative is that the hotel has different blocks which are quite spaced out and the walkways to each block are too open, they have glass sides but I can't see why they don't just make them proper corridors. All in all I loved my stay and would definitely go back for a spa weekend.

Room Tip: I would either try the manor house or ask for a room in a block closer to the main building
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Tom186284, General Manager at Norton Park - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your New Years stay at Norton Park Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed the celebrations and enjoyed the charm of the 16th century manor house which as you have pointed out is beautiful over the summer months where you can take pure advantage of the extensive grounds. In regards to the hotel and its building; over the years the facilities have seen various renovations and we have had to adhere to certain planning regulations. Our walkways had to be designed in keeping with the natural surroundings and we were not permitted to enclose them.

I am delighted you loved your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stayed at Norton Park Sutton Scotney for two nights in January 2014 for a wedding in Winchester. The hotel has easy access to Winchester, Romsey and Basingstoke. The long drive up to the hotel was impressive. It is very quiet and peaceful. Hard to imagine that other guests were there but the car park was pretty full so they must have been!! Staff extremely polite and helpful. Our room was such a bargain that we imagined that for the money we would be given a dreary tiny room stuck at the back but not at all. Our room was a good size and extremely comfortable with every amenity. We did not have time to use the pool, spa or gym but they looked superb. We did think that the main dining room was a bit dark and dreary looking and could do with some brightening up. Maybe white or cream furniture would help! We thought that the house wine at £22 was a bit steep but when I mentioned this the girl said " It IS four star prices!" Although we were the only couple in the lounge bar and asked if we could eat in the main diining room rather than be on our own, she somehow managed to put somebody elses meal on our bill which I had to sort out at reception.This was done quickly and efficiently. We fancied Shepherds pie for dinner something simple having eaten out lunch time and although it was hot and reasonably tasty it would have greatly improved it if the potato topping had been browned and crisped under the grill instead of being white and soggy looking. My husband was disappointed that he could not get a kipper for breakfast.Minor complaints and we would return.

Room Tip: Our room 132 was vey quiet
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Tom186284, General Manager at Norton Park - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Norton Park. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, as noted we are situated with great access points while still enjoying the peacefulness of the countryside. My apologies the Shepherds pie was not as crispy as you would have liked and I will pass this on to the kitchen team. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton Scotney
#13 of 13 in Winchester
Holiday Inn Winchester
Holiday Inn Winchester
#5 of 13 in Winchester

Been to Norton Park - A QHotel? Share your experiences!