What a nice hotel!
I surprised my girlfriend for her 21st by taking her to Norton Park and it was an amazing stay.
Unless you have a car, the hotel is in a bit of a secluded place, but i suppose that adds to its tranquility.
We traveled by train to Micheldever station to find that there are no taxis, only from half an hour away in Winchester! Luckily a lady from a local pub gave us a lift to Norton Park. Once there we were promptly checked in and were showed to our room.
The place is massive! Took 5 mins to walk to our room alone, but we didnt mind! Snow was all around so it added to the atmosphere!
WARNING! the corridors that join the buildings can be cold as they are open!
Room was very large and in perfect condition, cleaned to the last spec of dust!
It had a decent tv with about 10 channels.
Room service was prompt but quite pricey as there is a tray charge of £3 each time. But what the hell eh?! its only a one-off!
Pool and spa area were fantastic, complimentary towel, big menthol steam room and sauna, heated chairs, free gym, nice changing rooms with free shampoo, body wash etc, as well as jugs of water on tap.
Restaurant food was delicious, the hotel wasn't very busy so food was fast and in good portions.
Staff were friendly and attentive. They couldn't have helped us more with food orders and queries etc.
The grounds are amazing although we didn't get to explore because of lack of time and snow.
Great nights sleep, MASSIVE breakfast! Full English, cereals, juices, toast etc, all topped up nicely.
Check out was fast and easy.
A member of staff told us about the £11 Million facelift it's just had, Money well spent, it looks amazing for it!
Had to get a taxi to Winchester station which for some reason worked out cheaper than one to Micheldever, even though its further away! Came to about £20 for taxi ride.
Overall a lovely stay, highly recommended for couples and families etc, we had a lovely 2 days, thank you Norton Park!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the outskirts of Winchester, Norton Park is a sumptuous four star hotel blending beautiful contemporary chic with historical elegance all set within 54 acres of peaceful grounds. No matter what your reason for visiting, on business, a family trip or a spa break, the hotel has all the facilities to surpass your expectations. For those visiting on business, be it for a board meeting, a residential conference, training seminar or annual dinner the state-of-the-art facilities are exceptional. Norton Park offers 16 conference and meeting rooms for up to 340 delegates within the main hotel, the Manor House and for something a little different the 17th century Tythe Barn. On the doorstep to all that Hampshire has to offer including historic Winchester with its magnificent cathedral and the coastal cities of Southampton and Portsmouth, Norton Park is an ideal base for a leisure break with family and friends. The hotel has 166 modern bedrooms, a large leisure complex and spa, a great restaurant and beautiful landscaped gardens to stroll around. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Norton Park - A QHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Norton Park - a q Hotel Sutton Scotney
- Norton Park a Qhotel Winchester
- Norton Park - A QHotel Sutton Scotney, Hampshire