“Thursday Walk”

Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Datchworth
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Shortly before arriving I’d had a call to say my daughter had given birth to a daughter of her own...
Looking forward to toasting this with a nice pint of Guiness I wasn’t disappointed nor was I by the food - I had the two course set lunch Pate and Haddock really tasty - my friends also enjoyed their experience - another for the re-visit list!
Thank you... Excellent Value and Service...

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Took my mum for lunch, had been once before and thought it was ok. Unfortunately on this occasion it wasn’t.

I ordered the chicken and Mum the salmon, both dishes looked grey and unappetising. The veg was over cooked and the sauce on both dishes appeared to be the same and tasteless.

Only highlight, was the cheesecake, which Mum liked very much.

Probably won’t go again.

3  Thank JulienneX9
Reviewed 3 August 2018

The staff were friendly and the food was tasty but the skin on my sausages was very chewy. The place has an interesting history which you can read about in one of the rooms. It is olde worlde with lots of beermats displayed on the walls. The outside seating could do with a bit od improvement, it was a bit rough and ready and we had to move inside as it was smokey.

1  Thank york1
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Visited yesterday for lunch following a walk in the nearby woods. We both had the Liver and Bacon and it was fabulous!!
Good dog friendly pub!!!

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Ordered baguettes which we enquired after when 30 mins had passed then again 10 mins later...... the place was NOT busy.........all of us sent them back due to undercooked bacon , cold Brie and rubbery chicken......,the waitress was delightful and clearly embarrassed by the quality of the food sent from the kitchen .....we paid for our drinks and left .... poor!

2  Thank rothwell6162