“my getaway”

Greenways Lodge, Stansted Airport
wiltshire
“my getaway”
Reviewed 16 December 2008

had an overnight stay before departing to go to germany. the stay was good and relaxing from all the hustle and bustle.The room was good with all the essentials there that i needed for one night.Over all the stay was enjoyable.

• Liked — that you can park your car while you are away and know it is secure.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Westcountry, UK
Reviewed 16 November 2008

Booked in to stay here before flying out the next day, its location was extremely handy for the airport. My flight was early the next day so I double checked the time of the free transfer to the airport with the receptionist. However in the morning the transfer left without me, I then waited incase it was late, eventually forking out for a taxi. I arrived at the airport late, had to queue to check in, which i nearly missed, and then had to run to the departure gate, only just making it in time. Not the start to my traveling that I wanted. The hotel was clean and comfortable, but it wasn't worth the hassle. The hotel knew I wanted the transfer and knew which room I was in, if they wanted to leave early they should have given me a knock. A very poor show indeed.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — customer service, transfer that never turned up, correspondence with hotel
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled solo
2 Thank hager-awel

Travellers are raving about these Great Hallingbury hotels

Braunschweig
Reviewed 19 July 2008

We stayed in this hotel the last night of our trip around the world with our children (7 and 10), because we didn't want to arrive home in the middle of the night, otherwise we would have gone straight back home to Germany. I had given the lodge this information with my online reservation, together with my creditcard details.

We stayed in many hotels and lodges during our journey, but the welcome in this lodge was definitely the most uncordial.

When we arrived after a journey of more than 24 hours, we greeted the girl behind the counter. She greeted back with exactly these words: 'Hi, do you pay cash of card?' When we, a little stupified, didn't answer immediately, she just repeated: 'Cash of card?' We answered the girl that of course we would pay her, but that we didn't like the way she welcomed us.
'Sorry', she said, 'but we often have guests who leave without paying.' Although I could understand her problem, I still found it very disturbing to be treated with such a suspicion.

Actually, now we became a little suspicious and asked to see the room first. That wasn't possible, the girl said. First we had to give her our creditcard. At that point, we would rather have gone to another hotel, but we were too tired. So after we paid her (the cardmachine had some problems), we went to our room.

The room itself was quite small, with a squeaky bunkbed for the children. The window couldn't open but for a few centimeters, although it was very warm inside. Fortunately the room and the bathroom were clean. Because we couldn't sleep too well, because of our jetlag, we noticed that the walls are very thin. We could hear our neighbours quite well.

The best thing of our stay was the pub, a few hundred meters away, which served us a nice meal and had very friendly staff/owners. The Greenways Lodge actually advertises with this pub, although they have nothing to do with it.

We didn't see the girl anymore during our stay. We spoke shortly to an older, nicer lady, who solved the problem with the broken cardmachine, but when we left in the morning there was nobody to say goodbye to...

• Liked — The pub nearby
  • Disliked — The way we were welcomed
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Sophia1965
GreenwaysLodge, owner at Greenways Lodge, Stansted Airport, responded to this review, 25 July 2008
It was the first time for the young girl on reception who was quite nervous on her first days work, my apologie to the guest for this but the guest did not contact me directly. We confirm all bookings by return email and It is clearly detailed that payment is on arrival by cash or card methods in our low cost budget Lodge B&B near stansted airport, accommodation is in seperate rooms/buildings and it gives the guest freedom to come and go independantly, reception is not open in the morning as stated in our opening times, but staff are present running the free transfer service and breakfast room. The double patio doors are secured not to open fully for safety reasons as small children could slip through into the large pond beyond and to stop the dog, cat and chickens entering the room but the window does open fully. We would be happy to offer this guest a discount on there next stay in our bigger family apartment containing a seperate double and twin room and organise a farewell from our morning staff.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Great Hallingbury
Ramada London Stansted Airport
Ramada London Stansted Airport
#2 of 3 in Bishops Stortford
Premier Inn London Stansted Airport Hotel
Premier Inn London Stansted Airp...
#1 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Little Hallingbury Mill
Little Hallingbury Mill
#1 of 1 in Little Hallingbury
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Air...
#4 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,949 reviews
Great Hallingbury Manor
Great Hallingbury Manor
#1 of 2 in Great Hallingbury

Been to Greenways Lodge, Stansted Airport? Share your experiences!