“Would not recommend at all!”
Review of The Sir John Houblon - CLOSED

The Sir John Houblon
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I recently visited this pub after reading a review about it in a local newsletter. It stated that 'all the food is homemade and nothing is brought in', it also said 'even homemade coleslaw and salad dressings'. This is strange as we were given sachets of horseradish with our meal and the gravy was like an OXO cube with too much water. On arrival we were shown to our table and not asked for drinks, the barman shouted over to us from the bar to ask if we wanted anything so we went over and ordered our drinks. After a while of not receiving menus we were asked what we'd like to eat, we look puzzled at each other and he pointed towards 'the menu' on the wall, which consisted of 'beef, lamb or pork', no started option, no vegetarian option - nothing. We laughed it off, but once the food had arrived we were less than impressed, burnt potatoes, watery gravy, soggy vegetables and my mum even found string in her beef. I am genuinely not one to complain if food is wrong or cold or not to my taste, but honestly I will never ever go back to that pub, it was dyer. I wish I had said something at the time as they didn't deserve the money we paid them for the meal and drinks. It was inedible. Do not go there!

Reviewed 23 December 2012

Super sunday lunches with fresh vegetables + real ales
Tuesday's is fresh fish from Grimsby with hand cut chips with peas or mushy peas.

3  Thank docutech