“holiday inns” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bexley
Boston, United Kingdom
“holiday inns”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

stayed sat 16 november 2013,room nice,comfy bed, found prices to be on the high side , did have meal on sat night ,not impresed ,poor menu, with freinds ,one was vegitarian only pasta that was it ,i love fish ,salmon or hake ,do not like salmon and not impressed with hake ,outher person had duck and sent it back ,would stay again ,but would eat out

Room Tip: any problems dont waste time with the reception take it further ,they do try and please
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor, and firstly I would like to thank you for your kind comments about the comfort of your room. I was however extremely disappointed to learn that you had a less than acceptable experience in our Restaurant, which I believe may have been due to a staffing shortage within the hotel and although not an excuse, we were having to use some agency staff. I am thankful to say that this week I have a new experienced Head Chef and Food and Beverage Manager, although I realise this is of little consequence to you now after the event. I’m really pleased you will stay with us again and hope that you will give us the opportunity of restoring your confidence in us by dining in our Restaurant again. I’m so sorry we failed to deliver a truly great Guest Experience, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Worcester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Very average hotel. Rooms very basic for 95 pound. Food was poor if you didnt have the steak which was very good everything else either over cooked or didnt come with what was advertised. Not sure how oftern sheets were changed in room I was there for a week and they werent changed once( for money should be every day) over priced wifi prices £28 for a week I think far to expensive. Over all very average for the money

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to go into Trip Advisor and place your review, and I would like to offer my sincere apologies for your disappointing Restaurant experience which I will certainly discuss with my Head Chef. I have spoken with my Housekeeping Manager about linen change, and he has asked me to pass on his apologies for letting you down during your stay. Our Holiday Inn standard is for the sheets to be changed after 3 nights, ie on the 4th day of a guest staying with us for any length of time. However, if a “do not disturb” sign is placed on the door, we abide by our guests request and do not enter the room. In these circumstances, my Housekeeping Manager places a letter under the door advising our guests to contact us should they require their room to be replenished. Once again, I am very sorry for your disappointment, but please feel free to contact me directly if you are travelling to London again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed at the Holiday inn Bexley for a 50 the Birthday Party. The function room and food was very good. And we had a fun evening.
But the room was very small, supposed to be none SMOKING. But had been smoked in. Soft furnishings and bedding smelt of stale tobacco. Which was most unpleasant and ruined our weekend.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor, and also for your very kind comments regarding the function you attended here. I would however like to offer my apologies that your stay was marred by the smell of stale smoke in your allocated room, and delighted to tell you that within the next 2 or 3 months, the hotel will become a non smoking establishment. Thank you once again for your Review, and I hope you will consider returning to us in the very near future.
Bexley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

My husband & I got married at this hotel in October 13 and cannot praise the staff highly enough.
Nothing was too much trouble! We had a wedding package deal which turned out to be great value for money and made the whole experience of planning a wedding almost stress free.
Our wedding planner, Rosie, was always on hand to answer any questions we had and was also there on the day, which put my mind at rest, as she knew exactly what we wanted.
We had accommodation included in our package and several family members also stayed overnight. The rooms were clean & comfortable but the internet is chargeable, which is a shame as a lot of places now include it in the price.
The food at the wedding was magnificent and everybody commented on how good it was, both the sit down meal & the evening buffet.
There was plenty of food to go round and nothing was scrimped on.
The venue were very accommodation with requests for disabled guests too.
The location was excellent as we had family members coming from both sides of the river and it was really easy to find with ample parking.
All in all, if you're booking a wedding on a budget but still want quality, this is the place to go!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
WOW, what a fantastic review !! We are all so pleased that your Wedding Day was perfect for you, and so happy that all your guests commented on how good the food was. This was such a special day for you both, and I’m absolutely delighted to read such nice things about all the staff here that work so hard to make all our events run smoothly, ensuring our valued guests take away wonderful memories. Thank you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Tipton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

Very nice reception staff, helpful and polite. Clean and tidy room/bathroom, loads of parking spaces. Good range of breakfast options.
For a reasonable price and a peaceful and comfortable room this hotel ticks all the right boxes.

Would use again with no worries.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
What a lovely review !! Thank you so much for saying such nice things about our hotel and the staff that work so hard to ensure that all our guests have a Great Experience when they stay with us. I really appreciate you taking the time to place your review, and look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Swindon, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

I stayed here with 2 colleagues as we were working nearby. The room was clean and for a change there was a plug socket near the bed for my mobile. The rooms are what you expect from Holiday Inn - so not much more to say about them really. There is parking onsite.

We decided to eat there as we had been travelling a lot over the week. We were given our menus however there was a buffet option and we were not told about this until we asked. We decided to go for the buffet, and the food wasn't too bad considering it was sat out. Watch out for service charge being included and there being a line for a gratuity as well.

The breakfast was really nice and the waitresses in the morning were friendly and helpful. I really liked the make your own pancake machine, although I think the cost is a bit expensive.

Room Tip: ask to fill in a survey - we all did and got a voucher for a free drink!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Thank you for placing your review and for your very kind comments about our Breakfast waitresses. I was really pleased to learn that you liked the Pancake Machine, and I hope our award winning Holiday Inn Breakfast gave you a great start to your day. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area, and thank you again for taking the time to place your review.
ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

check in was fast and receptionist very nice.Bar food was nice but the barmaids were trainees and slow . they would have needed some help for sure. room was nice , bed comfy with all mod cons. no idea why but the cord from the shower was nailed into the wall so you had to kneel down to use it properly !
Broadband is not free far from it ... 12.95 pounds for the priviledge of 24 hours unlimited access. I mentioned this at reception in the morning, and she mentioned this is being addressed... to be honest, I cant remembered staying in a hotel charging for internet access. Breakfast Ok, nothing special either way.
Hotel is convenient as just off the Motorway but can do better to retain customers. As per the Xmas tree up already in September.... no comment ..

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your very kind comments about the team here at Bexley, and I’m really pleased that you enjoyed our meal offerings. We really do value our guests comments and I’m happy to tell you that we are currently looking at how we meet all our guests expectations on the quality and price of Internet. I am pleased to let you know that for IHG Reward Gold and Platinum members, internet is complimentary however in mid 2014, internet will be available complimentary for ALL IHG Reward members. IHG Rewards is a loyalty programme that is free to join, and brings a host of other benefits. Thank you again for placing your review and I hope you will consider returning to us when you are next in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bexley
Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel
Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa
Campanile Dartford
Campanile Dartford
#7 of 7 in Dartford

Been to Holiday Inn London-Bexley? Share your experiences!