“First class business stop”

Holiday Inn London-Bexley
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bexley
London
“First class business stop”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We got a great B&B deal in advance and all went well. Five of us descended from various parts of the UK to meet up, had a meal, spent the night and then carrying on the next day at various locations in South London. The hotel was situated in a perfect place for this to happen. Rooms were comfortable and quiet, bar staff were very attentive, dinner hit the spot (mind you, we were the only ones in the hotel restaurant on a Saturday night), and breakfast was relaxed and plentiful. Waitresses and receptionists were on hand right through our stay and were very polite and professional. Well done, Holiday Inn. You did us proud.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you so much for giving the Hotel and Staff such a fantastic review, and I'm really pleased that you had a great stay. I hope that you will stay with us again on a future occasion when you will be made most welcome. Once again, thank you very much for taking the time to place your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Darlington
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

A warm welcome by reception and we were pleasantly surprised by the large, very clean family room. The breakfast was great and even my very picky children loved the DIY pancake machine! We left well rested and full. Would definitely come back.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to go into Trip Advisor and say such great things about the hotel and the staff who work so hard to ensure all of our guests have a great stay with us. We receive lots of compliments about our breakfast, so I'm really pleased that you all enjoyed it, and we all look forward to welcoming you back again when you are next in the area. Thank you.
manchester
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This Holiday Inn was of a reasonable standard and the help we received from the reception staff was excellent.
The room was OK with all the usual facilities and was clean but nothing special.
The price was reasonable (£86/room including Bed & Breakfast) but the tarrif on the day was much higher than this - upto £130/room approx.
The bed was excellent and we slept well but the breakfast could only be described as adequate.
The service of plates, tea, coffee, food was very poor - had to wait a long time for various things which made the event less enjoyable. The quality of the food was again only adequate so nothing to write home about.
To sumarise this hotel - the staff were very good and also friendly, the rooms were adequate as was the breakfast and the service in the restaurant - not enough staff on, which is a familiar scenario.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel staff, this is very much appreciated and I know all members of my team will be thrilled to read such positive comments. I’m delighted that you found your room to be clean and comfortable and you had an excellent nights sleep. I am however very sorry to learn of the poor service and quality of your Breakfast Experience. I will certainly address this issue with my Head Chef as this is not typical of our standard of service. Thank you once again for taking the time to place your review, and I hope you enjoyed the family wedding you attended.
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed at the holiday inn Bexley.well worth it everything excellent.no problems what so ever,great breakfast with good choices for all,clean ,tidy right through the hotel,staff great,bar area nice and cosy,rooms spotless.well done all concerned.will stay again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
What a lovely review, and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. The team work really hard to ensure our guests receive a warm welcome and a great stay, and I am really happy to learn this was the case for you. I’m so pleased you will stay with us again when next in the area, and we look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you once again for such a great review.
Macclesfield, Cheshire
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Tried posting this in May last year but surprise, surprise. My review was never posted and hotel manager like McCavity's cat - never to be seen. Most disgusting breakfast we have ever had in a hotel. Grey pebbly scrambled eggs was the best of it. Waitress service terrible. Just you try chasing down any evidence of marmalade. A different waitress came out to ask why our plates had been returned virtually untouched. Told her, she said she was sorry to hear about it and would tell the chef. Just as well we had to leave for a family Christening so unable to wait for appearance of said chef - we would still be waiting. We will never, even stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robmat
Thank you for placing your review about your visit to us in May last year, and I am really disappointed to learn of your less than acceptable experience in our Restaurant. I actually joined the hotel in May last year as the new General Manager, and I am happy to say that since your visit, we have a new experienced Head Chef and Food and Beverage Manager, although I realise this is of little consequence to you now after the event. I’m so sorry we failed to deliver a truly great Guest Experience, but hope you will consider returning to us when you are next visiting the area. Thank you again for your review.
uk
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Arrived and checked in efficiently, got to room. It was cool in the room so turned heating on via air-con. 1.5 hours later it was still blowing cold air. Rang reception, sent house-keeping, couldn't understand why it didn't work. She went and returned 2 minutes later with a heater. Room warm in 5 mins with heater. Great service

I stay in hotels loads, and no idea why they use these combined air-con units to heat the rooms, you rarely find one that does efficiently!

Nice comfortable sofa in the room, its nice to have somewhere to sit other than the bed.
Wasn't upgraded either

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you so much for placing your review of our Hotel, and I'm pleased to hear that the team here at Bexley provided you with a great Guest Experience. I am however very sorry that there appeared to be a maintenance issue with the heating system, and I will certainly arrange for our engineer to look into this problem. I hope this will not deter you from returning to us when you are next in the area, when you will be made most welcome. Thank you again for your review.
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

My Fiancee and myself visited the hotel twice in February and decided to book it for our wedding reception after it was recommended by my sister who also used the hotel in August 2013 and was very impressed.
From the moment we arrived we were made very welcome and comfortable by Rosie Bass, a few hiccups for my wedding guests trying to book rooms, hopefuly sorted out now as more rooms to be booked, cant wait for the big day, well done so far Holiday Inn Bexley.

Stayed February 2014
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for placing your review on Trip Advisor, and I’m so pleased to hear that your Wedding Plans are all going well. We are all looking forward to giving you and your fiancee a “day to remember” and if you should have any questions, just call our Conference and Events department who will be more than happy to answer all your last minute queries. Once again, thank you for your review, and it wont be long before the Big Day is here !!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bexley
Premier Inn London Bexleyheath Hotel
#7 of 7 in Dartford
Premier Inn Dartford
Premier Inn Dartford
#1 of 7 in Dartford

Been to Holiday Inn London-Bexley? Share your experiences!