“Book early for good rate”

Holiday Inn London-Bexley
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bexley
Dublin, Ireland
“Book early for good rate”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Spent two nights here in mid-July. Booked over a month in advance and received a good room rate (£45 for Friday and £70 for Saturday).. Apparently Edward Heath, former PM officially opened the hotel in the 1980s. Ask for a quiet room as the hotel is near a road junction (M25 and A2) and the lively bar often has theme night, worth noting that the Rolling Stones played here a long time ago! Room, which was a good size, was very comfortable and spotless. The staff were so helpful. Ironing board and iron delivered to my room on request. The hotel is a 10-15 minute walk into Bexley which has some pleasant bars. Didn't sample the food at any stage as visiting family and eating elsewhere. Had free Wi-Fi as a member of Holiday Inn loyalty scheme

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
What a great review of our hotel !! Thank you so much for taking the time to write your comments and I’m really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of our Advanced Purchase Rate. I’m delighted that you found your bedroom to be comfortable and spotless, and that the team were able to help you with your requests. Thank you for being a member of our Loyalty Programme, as not only is it free to join, but it brings a host of benefits. Thank you again for placing your review and I hope you enjoyed your visit with family and friends.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

When we arrived Roza and her team were warm and welcoming. They had had an incident that morning resulting in staff members requiring hospital treatment, however they remained positive and professional. The room was clean, big and had both ac and windows you can open, no fridge or mini bar though.

The location was good, handy off the intersection. Close to the main line to London (around £8 to charring cross).

However the standard of food and level of service in the traders bar and grill was dreadful. The staff tried to help, but nothing really connected, it was like faulty towers: 1) children given colouring crayons in a water glass, waitress removed colouring crayons and put water for my daughter to drink (with bits of wax floating) 2) the olives were served with our main course (not before our starter). 3) no olive servering sticks, when we asked for the tooth picks/ sticks we were given a wooden stick that had been broken into 4 - quickly followed by children with splinters in mouths!! Ouch!! 4) only one drinks order taken, 5) requested a plate for the chicken salad starter, and never given one, everytime you put a fork into the bowl it all fell out 6) the children's toffee ice cream did not have teddy topping and it was vanilla with butterscotch sauce - the found the toffee and served it to my children - coated in crystals of ice!!. We can not fault individual staff, each one attempted to rectify these and other situation, often to fatsical results, but no staff members spoke to each other. We would like to thank Lewis, F&N manager whom we spoke to to highlight these issues, I hope it was a one off and that no other crayons are being placed in water beakers and mouths getting splinters. My meal was nice, fresh, but the comedy floor show that went with it was not funny after a long day with hungry tired children. We would return I this hotel, but not for a while.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank extratowelsplease
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you so much for placing your review on Trip Advisor, and for your kind comments about our Reception Team. I was really pleased to read that you found our location suitable for your needs, but very disappointed to learn that we let you down in our Bar/Lounge area. We have recently taken on some new members of staff, therefore I have spoken with my Food and Beverage Manager to ensure that remedial training is carried out immediately. I sincerely hope you will return to us, as your experience really wasn’t typical of our standard of Service. I'm delighted you found the staff to be so warm and welcoming, and would like to thank you once again for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

What was good? Service - all the staff we interacted with were friendly and efficient and on checking out the receptionist remembered us from the day before and asked about the wedding we'd attended. Breakfast was good, plenty to choose from and we were lucky enough to choose a less busy time. Room clean and comfortable.
What could have been better? Coffee at breakfast was truly awful. And two charging policies - first, car parking. OK it was only £3 but when you're paying over £100 a night that seems unnecessary. And most annoying of all - no free Wi-Fi when every supermarket and coffee shop chain can supply this. These things could be easily sorted.
Although the ugliness of the building, well nobody can be held responsible for that. Or the road noise.
In summary, it was adequate. But I wouldn't rush back.

Room Tip: back of the hotel is probably quieter
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ellie1485
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel staff, this is very much appreciated and I know all members of my team will be thrilled to read such positive comments. I’m delighted that you found your room to be clean and comfortable and that you enjoyed our award winning Holiday Inn breakfast. With regard to the WiFi, I’m happy to tell you that with effect from 1st July 2014, Internet is free to all IHG® Rewards Club members whether they stay the night or come in for a coffee or an impromptu meeting, so I hope this good news will encourage you to return to us again in the near future. IHG Rewards is a loyalty programme that is free to join, and brings a host of other benefits. Thank you again for placing your review and I hope you enjoyed the wedding you attended.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Ive just returned from a 2 night stay. I didn't realize Holiday Inn's could be so amazing. From the moment we walked in we were impressed by the friendly welcome and efficient check in, we were quite early but nothing was said and our room was ready which was even better. The lobby is very clean, smart and modern. There is a starbucks at the bar, which greatly impressed my hubby and there are 3 tvs showing world cup matches at night and sky news during the day from what we saw.

Room was spacious for a basic double and clean. Bed was comfortable and was very happy to have two pillows each, a number of hotels we've stayed in lately have only had one! Tv was large and in HD and shower had good power.

We ordered room service one of the nights and i had one of the best burgers I've ever had. The next morning I saw a sign downstairs asking to "try our gourmet award winning burgers" How right that sign was.

Roza checked us in and out and she was extremely efficient and helpful. On checkout she asked us to rate our stay from 1-10 and we gave it an 8.5 and this was our only gripe. wifi was not free and besides it not being free it was, in my opinion very expensive. £22 for 24 hours!!!! On informing Roza of this she told us about the rewards club which is totally free to sign up for and we were very impressed with the rewards club package. We signed up there and then and are very much looking forward to going back to this hotel in November(we have family who live nearby) aswell as looking at all the other hotels and services available to us as reward club members

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
WOW, what a fantastic review of our hotel !! Thank you so much for saying such kind things about the team that work so hard to ensure all of our guests have a great Guest Experience, and also for mentioning Roza by name. It really is a morale booster for the team when they read something like this, so thank you once again. I’m so pleased you’ve signed up to become an IHG® Rewards Club member, so now you can enjoy free Internet at any of our IHG hotels in Europe – I would just like to remind you that it will also be available to you if you are just visiting the hotel !! Thank you again for such a great review, and we look forward to welcoming you back in November.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Recently attended a wedding here which was organised and ran efficiently. BUT breakfast the next morning was the most complete shambles I have ever experienced in a major hotel chain. The floor staff were not maintaining the buffet and alerting the chef in time to replenish the food. The floor manager clearly had no experience and hadn't allocated tasks or wasn't staying on top of her staff. I raised the issue with the hotel before checking out but I sincerely doubt they've taken it seriously or done anything about it, hence this review

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for placing your review, and I’m really pleased that you enjoyed the Wedding which was held here. I was however very disappointed to learn that we let you down with your Breakfast Experience. I will certainly address this issue with my Food and Beverage Manager, as this is not typical of our standard of service, as our famous Holiday Inn breakfast should have provided a great start to your day. I hope you will consider returning to us in the near future when you will be made most welcome.
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

stayed here for a couple of nights - really nice staff and a handy location for Motorway as is off A2/M2. Road noise is a problem in some rooms but it is really quite good and a lot of rooms are on the ground floor which is a great help. Breakfast was very good, but very quiet when I stayed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
What a lovely review !! I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for your kind comments about the staff here at Bexley, this is very much appreciated. I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your Breakfast Experience, and I hope our famous award winning Holiday Inn breakfast provided a great start to your day. Thank you for placing your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next visiting the area.
St Peter Port, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Friendly staff helped to make this a pleasant stay. The breakfast was fresh and plentiful and there is a nice bar area with TV's and newspapers.
The hotel is located just off the A2 and has a large car park, chargeable at £3 per night. A short walk to Bexley gives access to local services, decent pubs and restaurants and mainline rail to Central London.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for placing your review on Trip Advisor, and I’m so pleased that the staff helped to make your stay a memorable one. I hope our famous award winning Holiday Inn breakfast provided a great start to your stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next visiting the area. Thank you once again for your very kind comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bexley
Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel
Travelodge London Sidcup Hotel
Campanile Dartford
Campanile Dartford
#7 of 7 in Dartford

Been to Holiday Inn London-Bexley? Share your experiences!