“Leyland Photographic Soc. 60th Anniversary”
Review of Wellington Park

and 1 more site!
Wellington Park
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Leyland
Preston
“Leyland Photographic Soc. 60th Anniversary”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Leyland Photographic Soc. 60th Anniversary
I recently organised a function at the hotel. I wish to thank the staff for a brilliant evening. I found them very easy to deal with. The function room was surprisingly well presented with an annex for our photographic display. My meal was very nice, prices were reasonable & my partner’s special diet was well catered for.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Lancashire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Many of our Pilates & Zumba class members went along for our Christmas lunch. Approximately 40 or so of us arrived as arranged at midday. We were greeted at the bar by just one member of staff! After panic set in, we were asked to take our seats at the tables and our drinks orders would be taken to save some time. It took almost half an hour to produce a drink for everyone. I asked for sparkling water and was given still. We realise that the meal itself only cost £4.25, so we didn't expect fine dining, but the food, which included turkey ( no ham or pigs in blankets!), roast & boiled potatoes, carrots & sprouts, stuffing and cranberry sauce, was bland, to say the least. No one was even offered the dessert menu. This is my 3rd or 4th visit here since it opened some years ago, and I haven't had a good let alone a half decent meal here yet.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 1984H

Travellers are raving about these Leyland hotels

Dalgety Bay ,Fife.
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Our "Glenton Travel" coach stopped here for an inc. lunch oh the way back to Scotland from a trip to Stratford -on -Avon.The hotel is modern and in pleasant surroundings. Service was first class -we were greeted at the door by one of the catering managers who said he would be looking after us on our short stay.The waitresses service was efficient and cheerful with our large group.Choice was varies and we were given soup, a main course(I had "Cumberland Sausage-excellent!) and coffee and tea.I will be back if I am in the area again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Leyland
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Not been here for a while so took some friends there and what a lovely experience. Although it was very quiet on a hot sunny late September day we had a very good choice of a 3 meat carvery and the meat was done to perfection and a sticky toffee pudding that was to die for and the service was excellent. The cost was the same as pub food but with no hassle and pushing about and no children running wild, look forward to going again next week......

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank desles
north yorkshire
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Stayed here for convenient locality to a meeting I had starting early the following morning. Large amount of parking, very personal and welcome greeting at check-in (greeting me by name, asking how my day had been etc.) room on third floor was clean and well equipped (trouser press, iron, decent TV, free wi-fi, spa bath, etc.). Ate in the Italian restaurant/wine bar with friendly and polite waiter, got an "early-birds" deal (pizza or pasta for less than a fiver!) all good all round. But!? Main issue was the room was sweltering hot, there was a big ceiling fan and, after working out how to switch it on, set to high was very noisy, opened the windows too but overpowering noise from the outside extractor fans, even with this the room felt like the Sahara desert! Slightly uncomfortable night's sleep but overall ok and would still probably stay again for the £55 inc breakfast that I paid, unfortunately some other pretentious reviewers seem to have confused the perfectly adequate Wellington Park with the Ritz London.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank kromeandtime
Leyland
Reviewed 24 October 2012

What a surprise as we decided to try Wellington Park after a disaster on our visit and it has a new chef and management team and the carvery is back on a Sunday and Wednesday and it was marvelous all the veg was perfect and the ham was very good. They have a brilliant wedding plans not that I want to get married again, S o it looks like my Sunday and Wednesday are booked unless anything goes wrong........

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank desles
preston, lancs
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We live nearby and like idiots keep going back every now and again praying it has improved as it is so handy for us.....but it has not.

Gordon Ramsey could not turn this place round. The grotto downsatairs has no atmosphere and the chef would not get a job in Macdonalds for lack of imagination!

Try the new Charnock farm restaurant at the garden centre instead. It is expensive but it employs a proper chef with imagination and has a lovely atmosphere.

I have a phrase I use just for Wellington Park. " I visit it with low expectations and it still manages to disappoint!"

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mikeonline1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leyland
Hallmark Hotel Preston Leyland
Farington Lodge Hotel
Farington Lodge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Farington
Holiday Inn Express Preston South
Best Western Park Hall Hotel & Leisure Club
Shaw Hill Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Legacy Preston International

Been to Wellington Park? Share your experiences!