“Delicious!”

Dining options: Reservations
Leyland, United Kingdom
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The food was DELICIOUS! The drinks were DELICIOUS! The decor was DELICIOUS! The staff were DELICIOUS! Especially the lovely lady behind the bar yes yes very delicious. I would like to come back here. I had the steak DELICIOUS! Pepper sauce - BOB ON! Fantastico!!! It was like a party in my mouth. So many delicious flavour and texture, yummy and hot and fresh yes!

• Visited February 2014

“Fantastic pub and brilliant team”
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

My fiancée and I visited this pub in December along with two of our friends. It was great to see the hustle and bustle of busy staff all in the Christmas spirit and enjoying themselves.

The choice in the menu was spectacular with a wide range of burgers to steaks to Mexican dishes and sides. The drinks are cheap enough and the atmosphere was extremely friendly.

We were served by Stuart, Dean and Melissa during our stay and they were very accommodating. I didn't fancy chips with my gammon and when I asked if I could swap this out for some mashed potatoes with melted cheese they agreed without any extra charge. Our food arrived in 20 minutes and altogether which I thought was fantastic since we ordered steak also and was piping hot.

We all enjoyed our meals thoroughly as staff checked in on is during our meals to ensure we were enjoying or stay. Overall a very friendly polite and family friendly place. Would definitely go back and recommend to many of my friends!

“Birthday meal ”
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

I booked a table for my birthday and had my two children,mother and auntie with me we had a very warm welcome from Stuart and dean at the bar and shown were our table was food was very nice and my children enjoyed there's each all having something different on the Menu we could not fault it at all thanks to the two male staff and chefs for making my birthday meal a good one!!

Leyland, United Kingdom
“Much Improved”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

The old Leyland Gates has improved so much.
My husband and I now go often. The food is good, hot and there is a good choice.
The plates are hot and the servietes are no longer wrapped around a wet knife and fork.# The staff are welcoming and Stuart is excellent.
The best lasagne going !!!!!!!

• Visited December 2013
Preston, United Kingdom
“Terrible smokey atmosphere!”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My wife and I went to have a meal and watch the Manchester derby match. We had arrived early enough and were just about to order when a man opened the fire door and stood just outside the door smoking. We just got up and left. What is the use of a smoke free pub if idiots like him smoke.

I have had this experience on another occasion but this time in the pool table area. Again smokers were frequently going in and out through the fire doors. Of course every time they went in or out, the smoke came in with them. The foul language was also very poor.

On still another occasion they had a football game on the screens but a DJ was doing a gig so nobody could hear the commentary. Very poor rough atmosphere. Never again!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Peter C
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Old Leyland Gates, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear Peter C, thank you for your recent feedback on Trip Advisor. Your comments were a concern to hear and I would like to investigate your visit further with the Management Team of the pub. I have sent you a direct message to discuss this further and look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind Regards, John Barras